Why Structured Data Should Be Part of Your SEO and Content Strategy
Martha van Berkel (CoFounder and CEO of Schema App)
About this talk
Structured Data expert, Martha van Berkel, helps companies understand this complex area of SEO and create strategies on how to leverage it to stand out in search.
In this session, Martha will share why structured data should be part of your SEO and content strategy, as well as 3 key principles when getting started.
After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Understand why you should care about structured data and how this area of search is changing
- Identify rich result opportunities for your content today and how to plan for it in future
- How to create connected markup to improve semantics and understanding of your content.
About Martha van Berkel
Martha van Berkel is the CoFounder and CEO of Schema App. Schema App translates website content into structured data, for any content on any CMS resulting in more impressions and clicks. Martha and her team do structured data 365 days a year and LOVE sharing their knowledge about doing proper, connected structured data.
Prior to Schema App, Martha was a Senior Manager at Cisco Systems for 14 years responsible for the global online support strategy. During her career at Cisco she was an intrapreneur, starting new organizations, or introducing new technology to Cisco's global customers and partners. Martha has a degree in Applied Mathematics and Engineering, and attended MIT for Innovation and Strategy, and is a rower and a Mom of two energetic kids.
Connect with Martha:
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/martha-van-berkel/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/marthavanberkel