Matthew Grant, Nick Hassam, Marcus Rivaldi, Jessica Turner, Richard Dixon, Matt Jones, Kirsten Mitchell-Wallace
The longer term impacts of climate change on the frequency and severity of natural disasters such as hurricanes, wildfires and flooding have been considered by insurers for many years. It’s only recently, though, that credible shorter term forecasts and models have become available for pricing and managing insurance exposures.
reask has developed a global approach to assessing climate variability, combining physics, climate data and machine learning to complement the baseline view of risk developed by carriers, and the market as a whole.
Matthew Grant, InsTech London partner will be leading a discussion with reask and four industry leaders to explore what is emerging from the latest scientific research, what is available to insurers today, how this is being used by companies and how the regulatory outlook is likely to evolve.
Hosted by Matthew Grant the speakers will include:
- Nick Hassam, Co-Founder & Chief Commercial Officer, reask
- Marcus Rivaldi, UK CEO, Head of ILS, Credit & Equity Analytics, Twelve Capital
- Dr. Jessica Turner, Senior Vice President, Catastrophe Advisory, Guy Carpenter
- Richard Dixon, Head of Catastrophe Research, Inigo Insurance
- Dr. Kirsten Mitchell-Wallace, Head of Portfolio Risk Management, Lloyd's
- Matthew Jones, Head of ModEx Product, Nasdaq
Please note that this event takes place at the earlier time of 10.00 am UK time.
This event accompanies our recent podcast interview with founders Thomas Loridan and Nick Hassam of reask available here (https://www.instech.london/podcast/thomas-loridan-nick-hassam-reask-short-term-climate-variability-forecasting-confidence), and our Location Intelligence report which will be released on 1 April.