2023 has seen political violence events across the world, including wars between Russia and Ukraine and between Israel and Hamas. These events have solidified geopolitical risk as a top concern for the insurance and risk management communities.
Understanding political violence is complex and requires granular data to get a true picture of any event as it unfolds; from what weapons were used to the motivation of a protest. This information can also be used to create a view of future risk - but where can you access these insights?
In this Webinar, InsTech’s Matthew Grant will be joined by S&P Global Market Intelligence:
- Paul McGrath, Product Director for 'Foresight'
- Hugo Foster, Associate Director, Open-source Intelligence
The discussion will cover how S&P Global Market Intelligence gathers and presents security incident intelligence and how organisations can use this data to better understand future risk.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This InsTech Webinar is accredited by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By watching, you can claim up to 0.5 hours towards your CPD scheme.
By the end of this Webinar, you should be able to meet the following Learning Objectives:
- Describe past examples of how political violence has affected different industries and operations
- Articulate the benefits of using a variety of data points to understand war, crime and terrorism events
- Explain how intelligence on political violence events can be used to create a view of future risk exposure