Guy Jefferson, Jamie Macleod, Mark Hull, Zarina Ahmad, Peter Dennis, Matthew Lipson
Sponsored by The Scottish Government and SP Energy Networks
Engineering solutions such as renewable energy technologies, battery solutions and digitisation often take centre stage in discussions around ‘how we tackle climate change’ or ensure a green recovery from COVID-19 as STEM, more so than STEAM (A: arts and creative talents) subjects, have been pushed to the fore as a means of preparing the future workforce for what’s required.
But what will all of this mean for consumers and their communities, particularly those described as living in vulnerable circumstances, as we plan our road to recovery from the impacts of a global pandemic and look toward a net-zero future? What softer-skills, local advice and knowledge, and large-scale engagement are required to ensure that, genuinely, no one will be left behind and that individuals and their communities – who often hold the local answers to local problems - can play an active role in tackling climate change whilst maximising benefits and cost-efficiencies from SMART innovation in an informed and locally sensitive way.
Chair: Guy Jefferson, Customer Service Director, SP Energy Networks
● Jamie Macleod, Team Leader, Consumer Policy and Interventions Team, The Scottish Government - The Scottish Government perspective
● Guy Jefferson, Customer Service Director, SPEN - SPEN’s strategic approach to consumer and community engagement - for a just transition
● Mark Hull, Head of Innovation, Community Energy Scotland - Practically preparing for community energy futures
● Zarina Ahmad, Climate Change & Environmentalist, CEMVO Scotland - Inclusive approaches bringing voices of vulnerable and marginalised communities to the forefront
● Peter Dennis, Renewable Energy Specialist, Ecotricity - Domestic DSR: The opportunities and pitfalls
● Matthew Lipson, Business Leader Consumer Insight Services, Energy Systems Catapult - Smart and local energy systems: Putting consumers at the heart of future system designs