Chris Hewett, Chris Clark, Christelle Barnes, Michael Moore, Michele Tagliapietra, and Hannah Staab
Sponsored by Natural Power
Solar is a powerful job creator and an inherently rapid technology to deploy, as well as one of the cheapest forms of power generation today. With the right policies, the solar industry can support the UK recovery by creating thousands of skilled jobs, adding billions in value, and delivering on Britain’s climate change ambitions. Join our panelists to find out how we can unleash the power of solar, including floating solar and virtual power plants (VPPs), as part of a green recovery.
Any green stimulus package must unlock solar's recovery potential and support our industry's efforts to decarbonise and tackle climate change. The Solar Trade Association is calling on the government to commit to a target of 40GW solar deployment by 2030 and to work with industry to deliver this target by enacting the policies outlined in their Priorities for a Renewable Recovery Package.
Chair: Chris Hewett, Chief Executive, Solar Trade Association
● Chris Clark, Director Emtec Group and Chair STA (Scotland) (speaking on rooftop solar and STA Scotland)
● Christelle Barnes, Country Manager – UK, SolarEdge (speaking on VPPs - virtual power plants)
● Michael Moore, Development Manager UK & Ireland, Elgin Energy (speaking on large scale developments in UK and Ireland + pipeline)
● Michele Tagliapietra, Energy Storage & Solar Energy Consultant at DNV GL (speaking on floating solar)
● Hannah Staab who leads Natural Power’s European Advisory team
Panel discussion and audience Q&A