Ian Meikle, Bryony Livesey, Bruce Adderley, Rob Saunders, Jacqui Murray, Mike Pitts
Sponsored by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
Innovation across big industries is a priority for the UK in order to meet our ambitious net-zero targets, push for regional regeneration, and forge a new outward-looking future beyond the EU and across the globe.
UK Research and Innovation’s flagship Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) launched four years ago, supports industry to unlock the potential of local energy systems, reduce carbon emissions in foundation industries, design new battery systems, decarbonise industrial clusters and pioneer new construction processes, all with the ultimate goal of achieving Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050. Overall, the ISCF has 10 challenges contributing to net-zero targets and has £2.6 bn to award.
The session will explore available funding and emerging results from the challenge fund, showcase successful ideas and applicants from previous funding rounds. Challenge Directors will discuss what innovations are needed further to revolutionise your sector, as well as how to collaborate and build partnerships with relevant stakeholders, harnessing talent, funds and new ideas for your project.
Chair: Ian Meikle, Director, Clean Growth, Innovate UK
● Bryony Livesey, Challenge Director, Industrial Decarbonisation, UKRI
● Bruce Adderley, Challenge Director, Transforming Foundation Industries, UKRI
● Rob Saunders, Challenge Director, Prospering from the Energy Revolution, UKRI
● Jacqui Murray, Deputy Challenge Director, Faraday Battery Challenge, UKRI
● Mike Pitts, Deputy Challenge Director, Transforming Construction, UKRI
Panel discussion and audience Q&A