Richard Barwell, Head of Macro Research
For Wholesale Investors only.
Our current global crisis has revived a familiar conversation; are we likely to experience a burst of inflation in the medium term? Cynical investors may dismiss the risk but Richard Barwell, Head of Macro Research for BNP Paribas Asset Management urges caution especially given the unusual nature of the COVID-19 crisis and size of the policy response.
During this webinar, Richard will present on and discuss:
• The increased risk of both too much and too little inflation and the driving economic factors.
• The impact on investor confidence as central bank’s balance sheets expand and government debt increases.
• Central banks and the importance of anchoring expectations to targets.
• The risk of ‘Japanification’ – the persistent experience of too little inflation.
• An updated perspective on the European Commission’s recovery & on the US elections.