Our current global crisis has revived a familiar conversation; are we likely to experience a burst of inflation in the medium term? Cynical investors may dismiss the risk but Richard Barwell, Head of Macro Research for BNP Paribas Asset Management urges caution especially given the unusual nature of the COVID-19 crisis and size of the policy response.
During this webinar, Richard will present on and discuss:
• The increased risk of both too much and too little inflation and the driving economic factors.
• The impact on investor confidence as central bank’s balance sheets expand and government debt increases.
• Central banks and the importance of anchoring expectations to targets.
• The risk of ‘Japanification’ – the persistent experience of too little inflation.
• An updated perspective on the European Commission’s recovery & on the US elections.
RecordedAug 27 202055 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
The meaning of New Normal for Indonesia’s economy and capital market.
The Indonesian Government at end of May announced that a “new normal” is critical to keep the economy running while respecting certain restrictions to continue containing the spread of COVID-19.
As each country has their own challenges to maintain the balance between imposing restrictions and keeping the wheels of the economy turning, we would like to take you on a journey to understand how Indonesia is coping with the condition.
Join us for a live webcast in discovering the meaning of New Normal for Indonesia’s economy and capital market with our Economic Advisor, Raden Pardede; our Head of Equity, Aliyahdin Saugi CFA; and our Senior Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Djumala Sutedja.