With its rich searching, visualization, and protocol interpretation capabilities, Wireshark is a popular tool for analyzing network communications in a Data Distribution Service (DDS) environment. In this session, we'll show how to use Wireshark for several analysis activities, including measuring performance, determining whether a system is working as expected and debugging different types of communication issues. Whether you are new to the Real Time Publish Subscribe (RTPS) wire protocol or a seasoned veteran, this is a perfect chance to pick up new techniques that can help you put productivity and efficiency into overdrive.
In this Tech Talk, you’ll learn how to:
- Use filtering to see only the packets of interest
- Deserialize and view individual topic data
- Diagnose common communication problems
- Visualize traffic to measure performance and look for patterns
- Increase your understanding of the RTPS wire protocol that is part of DDS