Petter Nyberg, James Brown, Tash Conte, Harry Bennett
The guidance on when and how hospitality venues in the UK can reopen has been limited, contrasting, and changes day to day, so it’s no wonder there is a feeling of confusion and uncertainty. Venues are expecting significant changes to how they operate and many challenges, at least in the short term if not for longer. This panel will bring together a number of different operators from countries around the world who have already started coming out of lockdown and reopening to share their experiences, examine practicalities and overcoming challenges, and impart lessons that UK businesses can learn from.
• When did venues reopen and what was the situation when that happened?
• What were the biggest challenges faced when reopening?
• Addressing the practicalities of social distancing in venues
• Examining issues with cash flow and margins
• How did customers respond and how did you build trust? Reactions to PPE, screens, social distancing, and ongoing H&S concerns
• Improving seating design, customer flow, and making use of outdoor spaces
• Recommendations for UK venues preparing for reopening
• Is it better to wait longer for clarity and more normality than rush in and open straight away?