Kate Makuen, RegTech Women Advisory Board Member
The regulatory and business environments in financial services have become more volatile and unpredictable than ever before. But this new environment provides strong incentives for financial institutions to transform how they manage risk to become substantially more effective and efficient.
Join us as we welcome Rupal Patel, Founder of Women in Risk & Control (WiRC) and Head of Network Engagement & Insights at Acin for a discussion with RegTech Women Advisory Board member, Kate Makuen about what financial institutions need to consider in building a robust and successful risk framework.
Kate and Rupal will be debating what they see as the top five questions financial institutions need to focus on in the area of risk management and control:
1. Operational resilience: how can you incorporate risk and control into OpRisk?
2. Risk awareness: is it everyone’s job to build the right culture?
3. Front to back: how can you help the three lines of defense?
4. Data management: should the industry collaborate for better standards?
5. Diversity and inclusion: how can we champion the role of women in risk and control?