Les Cameron, Head of Technical, Prudential and Colin Simmons, Business Development Manager, Prudential
Les Cameron, Head of Technical and Colin Simmons, Business Development Manager both from Prudential are myth busting again. Join them as they discuss the top 10 common tax myths in their usual engaging and memorable way. As they dive into each myth they look at the tax and planning implications for client scenarios and provide key takeaways and tools to support adviser client conversations.
Myth to be busted or fact?
- Higher rate tax payers get 40% tax relief
- Investment bond tax is 20%
- Minimising LTA charges is a good thing
- Discounted gift trusts save IHT immediately
- Offshore bonds are only for high net worth individuals
- Pension tax relief is capped at the annual allowance
- Junior ISAs are the best option for saving for children
- ISAs are tax free
- You get £12,500 personal allowance tax free
- Taking dividends is the most effective way to extract company profits
Join the discussion