Faye McCray, Erin Petersen-Edge, Steve Swasey
Nearly one in five adults in the U.S. lives with a mental health condition. This number is increasing in the wake of the year we have just experienced. Mental health issues can take many shapes and affect people from all walks of life. If you or a loved one lives with a mental health condition, you are not alone.
Join Healthline Media for Mental Health in Focus, a virtual event in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month. Our guests include artists, entertainers, journalists, and advocates, each of whom tells a personal story about their mental health journey via books, broadcasts or foundations that advance the public conversation.
Mental Health Advocates and Speakers:
- Taraji P. Henson, Actor, Writer, Producer, and Director
- Jewel, Singer-songwriter, and Author
- Michelle Williams, Singer, Actress, and Author
- Dr. Jennifer Ashton, ABC News Chief Medical Correspondent
- Bershan Shaw, TV Personality, Motivational Speaker, and Business Coach
- Dan Harris, ABC News Correspondent and Co-Anchor
- Wilma Mae Basta, Founder at DRK Beauty
Erin Petersen-Edge, Healthline.com Editor in Chief
Faye McCray, PsychCentral.com Editor in Chief
Steve Swasey, Healthline Media Vice President of Communications