On Dec. 9 at 10AM CST, we’ll reveal the results of our evaluation of 61 of the largest 529 college-savings plans. Join Madeline Hume, manager research analyst, and Michael Laske, senior product manager, in a live one-hour webinar as they’ll walk through our findings of the premier 529 plans of 2020.
In this webinar, we’ll cover:
• An overview of the 529 plans evaluated, with a breakdown of the best-in-class offerings. Plans that received lower ratings will also be examined.
• A deep dive into our enhanced methodology and the changes in ratings to the plans assessed.
• Expert analysis and advice from Morningstar analysts, who offer a deeper insight into their research beyond qualitative reports
In this webinar, we’re looking back at the dramatic impact that the coronavirus pandemic has had on the global economy. In particular, we’ll be focusing on structural changes brought about by the pandemic, including the growth of ESG and thematic research, as well as identifying potential pitfalls that might lie ahead.
The webinar will assess the impact that COVID-19 has had on key dynamics, competitive advantages and valuations across a number of sectors of Morningstar’s stock universe, and provide top picks globally that incorporate our revised forecasts. We’ll also be exploring fund flows data to predict likely future outcomes and to pinpoint investor trends in 2021 and beyond.
Gavin Corr, Director, Manager Selection, EMEA
Alex Morozov, Director of Equity Research, EMEA
Lee Davidson, Head of Manager Research & Quantitative Research
Dan Lefkovitz, Morningstar Indexes and Jeff Spiegel, iShares, BlackRock
Amid the global pandemic disruption, one thing is clear: trends in technology that were already underway have accelerated. The pandemic has triggered a massive reliance on technological solutions for work, school, shopping, socializing, and entertainment. But what is the best way for investors to benefit from exponential technologies? This webinar will discuss the key technological transformations shaping the future and a unique index which provides exposure to companies aligning themselves to benefit from this change.
In this webinar, you will learn:
• Why the global pandemic has accelerated certain technological transformations
• How long-term megatrends are reshaping the global economy
• Which companies across economic sector we feel are aligning themselves to benefit from innovation
Analysis of environmental, social, and governance risks is essential for investors. Beginning in early December, we will be formally incorporating ESG into our equity research process in a way that aligns with our investment philosophy and long-term mandate, focusing on valuation, rather than values.
Alex Bryan, Director, Passive Strategies ; Dimitar Boyadzhiev, Senior Analyst, Manager Research
The menu of multifactor funds has expanded considerably over the past decade. As the options have grown, so has investors’ research burden. These funds are diverse and often among the most complex index strategies on the market. While many of these strategies may sound similar, there are important differences in their approaches to portfolio construction, which often yield very different portfolios and performance. Join this webinar when we will take a closer look at the growing menu of multifactor strategies and a toolkit to sort through it.
Alex Bryan, Director, Passive Strategies, Manager Research
Dimitar Boyadzhiev, Senior Analyst, Manager Research, Passive Strategies, European Manager Research
The balance between risk and reward can be a difficult line to walk; however, employing asset allocation as an investment strategy can help you maximize your portfolio returns.
In this webinar, senior customer success manager, Steven McGugan, will deliver insights on how you can:
- Pinpoint the most efficient mix of asset classes
- Identify forward-looking wealth percentiles to understand specific areas of growth
- Leverage the efficient frontier to derive the most returns with the least amount of risk
The COVID-19 bear market may have gone down in history as one of the least painful on record, lasting a total of about 120 trading days with a maximum drawdown of about 34%. But short though it may have been, while it was on, investors had to deal with plenty of volatility and turbulence. This triggered many clients to think about their future and their financial plans, which in turn has prompted thoughts on the future of the financial planning industry in Canada, not just in terms of investments, but the very nature of how clients are serviced. Join our expert panel for a thought-provoking discussion on:
• How to talk to clients when the financial plan is the goal
• Establishing trust and building relationships through virtual advice, and how tools have evolved to meet changing needs
• Navigating evolving Canadian regulations around best interest and suitability and their effectiveness during turbulent times
• How effective our risk modelling techniques were as a guide to portfolio construction in the midst of a black swan event
Explore Morningstar’s findings and research on the 2020 Election results. Join David Sekera, Chief U.S. Market Strategist, Aron Szapiro, Head of Policy Research, and Preston Caldwell, Senior Equity Analyst, in a live one-hour webinar as they walk through the results and what they mean for investors.
In this webinar, we will:
• Examine the US Election results and their impact on the market and investors
• Present our research and findings
• Discuss current and emerging topics in light of the results, and their influence on investing
Get a behind-the-scenes look at how we used Morningstar Direct to develop our 2020 HSA report from Morningstar's director of multi-asset ratings, Leo Acheson, and associate manager research analyst Megan Pacholok. The webinar will also offer a closer look at our HSA rankings, including best practices and updates on the methodology we used to evaluate HSAs.
모닝스타가 귀하를 "모닝스타 디렉 Fixed Income Enhanced Analysis를 이용한 채권포트 분석"에 관한 라이브 웨비나에 초대합니다.
모닝스타에서 보유종목 데이터베이스를 기반으로 최근 출시한 Fixed Income Enhanced Analysis(FIEA)툴을 이용해 채권펀드를 분석하는 방법을 알려드립니다. FIEA를 이용하면 신용등급, 듀레이션을 비롯한 11가지 속성들을 동시에 교차 분석 할 수 있으며 실제 보유 종목 레벨까지도 드릴다운이 가능해 해당 포트폴리오가 어떤 리스크에 노출되어있는지 심도있는 분석이 가능합니다.
1. 디렉에서 제공하는 다양한 채권 펀드 분석 데이터 소개
2. FIEA툴을 이용한 채권 펀드 분석
3. 채권 펀드 분석 리포트 작성
Communicating value to clients can be a challenge. 72% of investors want advisors to provide investment reports that are easy to understand, yet 64% of advisors cite communicating their value to clients as a major pain point.
In this webinar, join Brandon Krisko, Customer Success Manager, to learn how you can use Morningstar’s reporting solutions to bridge the gap.
You will learn how to:
• Communicate complex information with ease to improve your client experience
• Create custom reports, factsheets, and presentations that promote your business and share your brand
• Optimize your report data integrity
For 35+ years, Morningstar has sought to provide transparent and independent analysis that empowers investor success. Our proprietary ratings are a core example of this, as they deliver a clear, understandable presentation of potential impact to the end investor. In this webinar, attendees will learn from Lee Davidson, head of quantitative research, on how they can use our ratings to enhance the investment selection process.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- About the Morningstar Quantitative Rating, which uses a machine-learning model to rate funds
- See the difference between the Morningstar Quantitative Rating and Morningstar Analyst Rating
- Understand when to use the Morningstar Rating
- Invest in a sustainable future with the Morningstar Sustainability Rating
Wish to learn how to leverage Morningstar Direct to build and customize models and portfolios to meet business and client goals, including ESG portfolios?
In this webinar, we will show you how to leverage Morningstar Direct and:
- Use Scorecard tools to find the best funds according to your criteria
- Create a multi-manager portfolio from your selection and edit portfolio to mark a change in positions
- Import from Excel to automate your process in creating model portfolio
A live one-hour session hosted by Jon Hale, Morningstar’s Head of Sustainable Investing Research, and Gabriel Presler, Morningstar’s Director of Sustainable Strategy.
This quarterly series will provide an overview of Morningstar’s ESG outlook and will explore developments in the field. We’ll be joined by guest speaker Jackie Cook, Morningstar’s Director of Sustainable Stewardship Research, for a conversation around engagement and proxy voting. Why does proxy voting make a difference? What are some of the important issues to emerge in 2020? How are the largest investment companies/fiduciaries voting on these issues? What changes/new developments will we see in 2021?
In this session, we will cover:
• An overview of the ESG landscape, fund performance and flows
• Developments in the Field
• Engagement and Proxy Voting
The importance of marketing is common knowledge, but where’s the research supporting it?
Earlier this year, Morningstar answered this question by surveying nearly 290 financial professionals about advisors’ practices, their client needs, their business development strategies, and their challenges. Join researcher Heymika Bhatia and Karyn DeJong, director of advisor product marketing, as they share insights about how financial professionals can better market themselves.
In this webinar, explore:
· Pain points keeping financial professionals from marketing themselves well
· The importance of digitization as well as personalization
· Opportunities for financial professionals to expand their practice