Jeff Ptak, CFA, Morningstar Research Services LLC, Lee Davidson, CFA, Morningstar Research Services LLC
On May 2nd, 2023, Morningstar will unite its two forward-looking managed investment ratings – the Morningstar Analyst Rating and the Morningstar Quantitative Rating – into a single rating: The Morningstar Medalist Rating.
2021 marked the 10- and 5-year anniversaries of the Morningstar Analyst Rating and Morningstar Quantitative Rating respectively, and both ratings have enjoyed an efficacious track record over this time. As managed investment products rapidly grow, the single rating system will allow Morningstar to leverage the best of our qualitative and quantitative insights to provide timely and efficacious ratings for investors.
Join Jeff Ptak, CFA and Lee Davidson, CFA of Morningstar Research Services LLC for a webinar discussion where they walk through key details of the forthcoming ratings change. We will reserve ample time for audience Q&A, so live attendance is encouraged.
Key discussion points include:
· Key drivers behind Morningstar’s decision to unite the two forward-looking ratings
· How the Morningstar Medalist Rating will be expressed within products
· Maximizing Morningstar’s analyst input within the Morningstar Medalist Rating
· Jeff Ptak, CFA, Morningstar Research Services LLC
· Lee Davidson, CFA, Morningstar Research Services LLC