Elena Kozhemyakina | Panagiotis Kriaris | Greg Magarshak | Kris Lindahl
Decentralized Finance (DeFi), a novel financial system that does not rely on legacy centralised financial institutions and intermediaries, has seen a huge increase in assets and expansion in the last year. Since May 2020, the total value locked in DeFi projects increased 2,000 percent, according to DeFi Pulse.
So, what is DeFi? How does it work? And what does it mean for Fintech?
Join this month's episode of Driving Fintech Forward to learn more about DeFi the industries it disrupts and the opportunities it creates.
- What is DeFi, Open Finance
- What blockchain means for DeFi
- How DeFi is disrupting financial intermediaries like banks, credit unions, insurance funds, etc.
- How DeFi is going mainstream
- How decentralized finance could reshape banking
- Challenges and opportunities in the market
- Panagiotis Kriaris, Head of Business Development, Unzer
- Greg Magarshak, Founder and CEO, Intercoin
- Kris Lindahl, Founder and CEO, Digital Future Capital
This episode is part of the "Driving Fintech Forward" series with Elena Kozhemyakina, Founder and CEO of Fintech4Funds. We welcome viewer questions and participation.