Inside AI and Ethics: Bias, Governance and Operations
Ramesh Dontha | Dr Fiona Browne - Datactics | Fion Lee-Madan - Fairly AI | Cortnie Abercrombie - AI Truth
About this talk
Companies are leveraging data and artificial intelligence to create scalable solutions — but they’re also scaling their reputational, regulatory, and legal risks. The city of Los Angeles is suing IBM for allegedly misappropriating data it collected with its ubiquitous weather app; Optum is being investigated by regulators for creating an algorithm that allegedly recommended that doctors and nurses pay more attention to white patients than to sicker Black patients; and Goldman Sachs is being investigated by regulators for using an AI algorithm that allegedly discriminated against women by granting larger credit limits to men than women on their Apple cards.
In episode 6 of AI: The Future of Business, host Ramesh Dontha and guest experts dive deep into ethics and bias in AI solutions.
What you’ll learn:
- How to build organizational awareness for ethical AI
- What AI governance framework is required
- What you can do about historical bias in the data itself
- How to operationalize Data and AI Ethics
- And more
Hosted by Ramesh Dontha - Digital Transformation Pro
- Dr Fiona Browne - Head of AI at Datactics
- Fion Lee-Madan - Co-Founder and COO at Fairly AI
- Cortnie Abercrombie - CEO & Founder, AI Truth
Each month, the AI: the Future of Business series explores the latest trends, technologies and best practices in the world of Enterprise AI and sheds light on Artificial Intelligence for the modern business.