At the end of this event, the delegate will be able to identify:
• The basic fundamentals of environmental investigations.
• An overview of the source, pathway receptor model.
• An understanding of different environmental remediation technologies.
• Remediation goals – sign off criteria and when to stop works.
• Case studies:
1. Generator loss of fuel – in-situ treatment vs mass excavation.
2. Care home loss of heating fuel – environmental impacts and remediation works.
Andrew Kyle has worked in regulation, for the Environment Agency, including three years as area hydrogeologist in the Thames Region and a further 15 years’ experience in environmental consultancy, contaminated land assessment, pollution response and remediation contracting. During this time Andrew has responded to and remediated thousands of environmental claims. His specific expertise encompasses site investigations, contamination remediation and validation including detailed quantitative risk assessments for human health and controlled waters. Additionally, Andrew’s hydrogeological expertise covers pump test design, implementation and results analysis to determine specification for remedial systems, as well as modelling to assess effects of groundwater abstraction on the water environment and determine contaminant transport characteristics. Andrew is a Member of the Academy of Experts and has acted as Expert Witness where causation or liability relating to environmental impact is disputed. This work has relied on his detailed knowledge of current environmental legislation and regulations.