Eoin Dinsmore, Gregory Wittbecker, Paul Williams, Kelly Driscoll, Ross Strachan, Wan Ling
CRU's next Aluminium Q&A on 2 June focuses on the Aluminium Beverage Can Market, which is strongly supported by growth in beverage markets and substitution against both glass and PET. Join CRU's global Aluminium experts to discuss the following:
• New products such as energy drinks, hard seltzers and mixed cocktails are supporting growth of the can and, with potential further backlashes against PET, offer further potential growth in CSDs and in water – how much upside is there?
• Will can makers keep pace with demand?
• And with demand for can sheet set to grow at a CAGR over around 4% for the next decade, where will rolling capacity come from?
• How will sustainability issues impact the sector?
• Growing discussion on recycling targets in the EU and continuing failures of plastic recycling in the US bring more momentum to packaging deposit bills.
• What will it take for fillers to overcome their long-held opposition to deposit?