Executive Panel - Cloud: Cloud Workload Migrations are Complex and Often Fail; S
Session Moderator Paul Hooper, CEO, Gigamon and a diverse group of panelists
About this talk
While the move to cloud computing is portrayed as being an imperative for digital transformation, the journey to the cloud, whether for entire datacenters or individual workload migrations, is complex and fraught with risk. However, it is a journey that many organizations have successfully undertaken with all manner of workloads including highly sensitive and complex workloads, and there is now a wealth of knowledge on how to plan and execute these projects. This private one-hour event will focus on the key learnings and best practices to de-risk and manage mission-critical workload migration to the cloud.
• Why do some cloud migration projects fail or under-deliver?
• How do you avoid recreating siloes in the cloud?
• What is the role of private and hyperconverged clouds in the world of the public cloud?
• SaaS, PaaS, IaaS – how do you decide the right approach for a particular application?
• DevOps led migrations – is this a breakthrough approach or an unwarranted risk?
Ilan Rabinovitch, Senior VP, Product and Community, Data Dog
Tanu Sood, Senior Director, Marketing cloud products portfolio, Nutanix
Joe Vadakkan, Global Strategic Services Leader, Cloud & Security Platform, Optiv
Clive D'Souze, Sr. Director, OCI Engineering, Oracle
Mike Fluharty, CISO, Accenture Federal