Join our panel of industry experts as we take a refreshing look at the state of the open networking industry and where SONiC fits in.
SONiC has been production-hardened in the data centers of some of the largest cloud-service providers, allowing them to share the same software stack across hardware from different switch vendors, but is now being widely adopted outside of the hyper-scale data center environment due to the ever-increasing feature set. Developed by Microsoft and gifted to the Open Compute Project (OCP), it also offers stability in the dynamic landscape of open software vendors.
Use cases include:
• Scalable L3 Fabric Underlay
• Network Fabric Underlay for VMWare® deployments (NSX, ESX, vSAN)
• Multi-tenancy with VxLAN & eVPN
Edgecore Networks, the world leader in open networking, offers commercial support and solutions for a qualified Enterprise SONiC distribution on their switch platforms, tailored to the needs of today's Data Centers where the ability to rapidly scale out the data center fabrics is a must.
What you will learn:
• The State of Open Networking 2021
• Origins of SONiC & why the market needs it
• Edgecore SONiC Solutions overview
• Use Cases: Where SONiC fits, and where it doesn’t!
• Leveraging the OCP Ecosystem to engineer a higher performance, cost-effective network
• Q & A with expert panel
Barry McGinley - Systems Engineer, EPS Global
Michael Ward - VP Business Development, Software - Edgecore Networks
Steve Helvie - VP Channel Development, Open Compute Project