ESG Data vs. Regulatory and Investors Requirements – Part2
Dana Hanby, Elena Philipova, Philip Vernardis, Emily Gaston, Kyra Brown
About this talk
At the time of exponential growth of ESG funds, it is more important than ever for investors to be able to distinguish genuine responsible investment from greenwashing (and greenwishing). Europe’s new rules on sustainable finance (such as Taxonomy and SFDR) are meant to help investors to do exactly that. Yet many fear that the ambiguity of wording in some articles and the complexity related to implementation have been making the situation worse before it can get any better. On the other side of the Atlantic, the U.S. SEC announced the release of proposals for climate disclosures for the U.S. public companies. Firms, however, are struggling to access the ESG credentials of relevant portfolio companies, especially at the level of granularity needed to meet the regulatory requirements.
• How do you navigate through regulatory requirements in different jurisdictions?
• Do we have sufficient information to manage ESG risks in portfolios and identify opportunities?
• What methodologies work for different sectors and asset classes?
• Does the use of derivatives make a Financial Institution look greener?
• We see acquisitions and the consolidation of data and analytics providers – does it change the availability and quality of data?
• How to evidence that an organisation has sufficient expertise to manage ESG products and risks? & and what is the legal basis for it?
• Asset Managers are creating products, but Clients are advised on portfolios – what are the challenges?
These and many other questions we will discuss with our excellent panellists:
Elena Philipova – Director, ESG Proposition – London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG)
Philip Vernardis – Vice President, Global Lead of Asset Stewardship Reporting – State Street Global Advisors
Emily Gaston – Research Analyst – The Value Reporting Foundation (VRF) previously SASB
Kyra Brown – Regulatory Development Manager – Aviva Investors
Moderated by Dana Hanby – Managing Director – ESG Nexus
Debates with the industry leaders that allow to share best practice, exchange opinions, discuss future trends, key challenges and solutions. Please join the conversation. (contact www.esgnexus.com/contact)…