Evolving International Privacy Regulations and Cross Border Data Transfer
About this talk
Privacy Regulations continue to increase at an aggressive rate. Legal and regulatory risks are exploding. By 2023, Gartner predicts that 65 percent of the world’s population will have its personal data covered under modern privacy regulations, up 10 percent from 2020. As cyber-attackers continue to develop increasingly sophisticated hacking methods, it is imperative for organizations to prioritize modernizing their data privacy standards and tools. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) are at the center of this convergence and defining covered Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personal Information (PI). What are typical Use Cases for cross border data transfer and protection of PII and PI? What role does technologies play in compliance? Join our talk, as we discuss:
- Fine-grained data-protection methods and how to reduce risk and achieve compliance without slowing down mission-critical data analytics and AI/ML initiatives.
- Trends in Privacy Regulations and how evolving International Privacy Regulations are converging around core data privacy principles and standards.
- International Privacy Standards and how to deploy Data protection techniques on-premises and hybrid cloud environments.
- Use cases for Protection of data in AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Cloud Security Gateway (CASB) protect sensitive data in Cloud and best practices for Encryption Key management and Policy Management.
- GDPR Security Requirements Frameworks and Data flow mapping under GDPR and discuss Security by Design.
- How companies handles cross border data transfer between different jurisdictions.
Data must move without hindrance through an enterprise’s many cloud-based databases and applications. Businesses need the cloud to place workloads in development containers.