What does the regulatory landscape in Europe mean for Asia?
Morningstar & Ignites Asia
About this talk
Morningstar has partnered with Ignites Asia to bring you the most relevant insights on how Asian asset managers and investors can prepare for new regulatory developments coming from the EU.
A range of European Union regulatory developments around investor protection and conduct are reshaping the way asset managers are approaching client service, sustainable investment, and firm-level conduct. These measures stand alongside the European Commission’s Sustainable Finance Action Plan, which includes ESG amendments to the SFDR, UCITS and AIFMD rules. Although these rules directly apply to the EU market, they may indicate what’s to come for Asian firms and investors.
In this webcast, our panelists will address:
- The impact of EU regulations on asset managers and investors in Asian markets
- How asset managers can stay on top of these changes and be prepared to comply with any new regulations that may arise
- The recent ESG regulatory development in Asia
- Arthur Carabia, Director, ESG Policy Research, Morningstar Sustainalytics
- Diana Parusheva-Lowery, Executive Director, Public Policy and Sustainable Finance, ASIFMA
- Olivier Carré, Markets and Strategy, Financial Services Leader, PwC Luxembourg
- Alastair O'Dell, Contributor, Ignites Asia (Moderator)