Steve Durbin, Global Vice President, Information Security Forum
A 2012 global survey reported that 88% of consumers use a personal mobile device for work. This year, Gartner has gone further, predicting that 50% of employers will stop providing devices by 2017, requiring employees to bring their own. If a bring your own device (BYOD) programme doesn’t already exist in your organisation, you need to start thinking now of the risks and if and how they can be managed. This webinar will discuss the continuing BYOD and mobile device in the workplace trend and offer an information-centric approach to assessing and managing the associated risks. It will provide insight and guidance on the implementation of BYOD programmes and in particular, discuss how to:
· Take a risk-based approach to implementing BYOD projects
· Identify the risks and threats posed by employee-owned devices connecting to the organisation’s systems
- Conduct analysis of the business impacts that BYOD incidents could present
· Assess the organisation’s vulnerabilities to those threats
· Adopt and learn from BYOD leading practices
The audience for this webinar is Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs), executives responsible for BYOD programmes, their direct reports, and all others participating in committees or working groups responsible for managing BYOD programmes.