1)Sherry Knowles, principle, Knowles Intellectual Property Strategies and Gary Griswold 2)Judge Paul Michel
10.50am An Industry Perspective: We lobbied the cause; the act was passed – where did we land?
• Case notes from the pharmaceuticals and life science industry perspective
• Comparative reflections from the IT and software industry
• Discussions on implications of AIA for the future of patenting
• Advantages of trade secrets in the light of AIA: Considering recent trade secrets case law
11.50 Key considerations: The Joinder Provision; ITC proceedings and the new rules on false marking
• Will the Joinder Provision of AIA result in more ITC filings?
• Analysisng the relationship between post-grant procedures, litigation and ITC investigations
• Pros and cons of ITC under AIA
• Is this the end of false marking litigation and how will or should ‘Competitive Injuries’ be
• A look at the opportunities and risks in the new enforcement landscape
12.50pm Keynote address: David Kappos, undersecretary of commerce for intellectual property and director of the USPTO