How to market for Google (and therefore your customers)
Jennifer Riggins, Marketing Consultant
About this talk
Time and again I hear from so-called captains of their industries what they want to say about their products and services. As thought leaders, they use jargon and insider terms to sound like experts, but when you're doing that for website, that's ridiculous. If you want new customers to find you, you need to write for what they are asking Google. I would recommend signing up for Google AdWords before because this will be a hands-on demo of how to use Google Keyword Planner as the backbone of your online content marketing strategy, that will provide you with SEO success even if you never spend a buck on AdWords.
Workshop will include:
- basic explanation of What is SEO
- how to use the free Google Keyword Planner
- how to choose the low-hanging fruit keywords (low competition, higher volume)
- how to then apply those keywords, choosing 1-2 for across your entire website and then the rest for specific themed landing pages
- how H1, H2 headers, bullets, bolding, etc work
- backlink strategy - don't send all the juice to your homepage!