Inside the mind of the business buyer – Results of the 2012 Buyersphere Survey
There’s no doubt about it, in today’s world, it’s business buyers not brands that are in control when it comes to the sales cycle. Through search and social media, they can get to choose how and when they engage with an organisation, what information they want, and in what format.
And that’s not all: both search and social are changing fast, evolving with technology and in response to user preferences. It means that B2B brands and marketers face an increasingly difficult challenge when it comes to understanding how to engage with their audience and to allocate their marketing budget.
Fortunately help is at hand with the results of the latest Benchmarking Report, produced by B2B Marketing and Base One, with help from McCallum Layton and Research Now. This study provides unprecedented insight into business buyer behaviour and preferences across Europe, and could prove critical to marketers in ensuring that they are making the right decisions.
Join us for this free webcast, examining the results in detail, which will discuss:
• How buyers are using social media
• How communications preferences change at different stages of the buying cycle
• Which channels have most resonance for buyers.
RecordedMay 31 201259 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Like it or not, bid tendering and RFPs are an increasingly important part of the B2B marketer’s role – particularly for large contracts but increasingly for those of lower value.
The stakes for bid tendering are very high – get it right, and teams responsible will be heroes in the business. Get it wrong, and you’ve potentially wasted a lot of time, effort and cash.
So how can marketers use ABM techniques and tools to address this thorny marketing (and sales!) challenge? What’s the relevance of ABM to this unique business area, and how can it drive new thinking and new opportunities?
In this interactive webcast, Nick Pearce and Claire Carsberg of JPC will call on real life examples to explain how you can apply ABM to improve your bid strategy and the keys to success.
1. How to align procurement with your bid
2. How to challenge everyone involved in the bid process
3. How to be disruptive and make it part of your successful sales strategy
4. How to improve your chances of winning bids
5. How to avoid the common pitfalls, and turn failure into success
* Joel Harrison – Editor-in-chief at B2B Marketing
* Nick Pearce – Co-founder and strategy director at JPC
* Claire Carsberg – Managing director at JPC
If you've got a challenging route to face, you need the right tools for the job – or you face getting stuck in the mud.
What does this have to do with customer experience in B2B you ask? More than you think.
The sheer complexity of the many-to-many relationships in B2B means that many CX programmes risk getting bogged down before they even get started.
Operational silos, tangled customer journeys and the challenges in proving ROI only exacerbate the issues.
Join Claire Sporton, SVP CX innovation at Confirmit and she shows you how to break down B2B complexity, define a CX program that will help identify at-risk accounts, and inspire every member of your team to make smarter decisions and take faster actions that will benefit the entire business.
In this webinar, Claire will show you:
1. How to break down B2B complexity
2. How to design a CX program that will help identify at-risk accounts
3. What it takes to inspire every member of your team to make smarter decisions and take faster actions.
4. How to tackle the common CX challenges
5. The steps to ensure your CX programme takes off successfully.
6. How to identify your CX priorities based on 4 core B2B challenges
7. How to balance the needs of your clients and business stakeholders
8. How to break down the barriers to truly empower the frontline.
Katie Jameson - Head of EMEA Marketing at Act-On Software
As your business grows, so do your marketing needs and the ability to scale.
Especially the way you go about sending emails to your customers.
At this point, it's worth asking yourself, what's the difference between email marketing and marketing automation, and is your company ready to make the switch?
In this webinar, you'll discover the 5 signs which show you're ready to make the jump to marketing automation and more.
This webinar will cover:
1. The differences between email marketing and marketing automation (MA)
2. How to incorporate MA into your existing email strategy
3. The importance of having a 360 view of your customers
4. How MA can help improve the way you nurture leads
5. The metrics to use to ensure MA works in your business
6. Using MA across your customer journeys to drive growth
Katie is the Head of EMEA Marketing at Act-On Software, one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America. A marketing automation native, for the past ten years she has implemented, integrated and executed programmes on a variety of marketing automation platforms at industry leading companies such as Symantec, Paywizard and ResponseTap and now Act-On.
Katie's hands-on experience gives her the ability to cut through the jargon and speak candidly about marketing automation, demonstrating the absolute power it can bring to the sales and marketing organisation.
On average, 25% of your customer base are poor performing - but how do you find your best and worst customers to begin with? Using an innovative customer insight service Blue Sheep calls Money Mapping.
In this presentation, you’ll see how Money Mapping can revolutionise your marketing strategy and learn:
-Why not all customers should be treated equally.
-How to identify your 'treasure' customers.
-The differences between your ‘treasure’ and ‘avoid’ customers.
-How assessing your customer database can lead to £millions in efficiency savings.
-How profiling your most profitable customers can uncover similar leads worth £billions.
-How Money Mapping can make your marketing more efficient, and profitable.
Iain Lovatt is Founder and Chairman of Blue Sheep, and has been helping businesses improve their performance using data for over 30 years.
Iain is a respected member of the data marketing community, having been chair of the IDM Data Council, on the board of the DMA, and is a Visiting Professor at the University of the West of England. In 2017, he was elected a representative for the Direct Commerce Association.
Jason Ball - Managing Director of Considered Content
In this webinar we’ll explore how today’s B2B marketers can meet the increasing demand to deliver greater pipeline and tangible bottom-line revenue. Using our recent research into senior B2B marketers in mid-market and enterprise businesses, we’ll look at:
•How what you choose to measure impacts how senior management will view marketing
•Why the way you’re currently measuring ROI could hamper your overall success
•The targets B2B marketers are setting and just how many are delivering against them
•Key tactics — what’s working, what’s not (and how this changes by sector)
Then we’ll look at the 5 key barriers today’s B2B marketers view as the biggest obstacles to delivering greater pipeline and increased revenue and make actionable recommendations you can use to begin addressing these issues right now.
Revenue Rift will be presented by Jason Ball, MD of Considered Content, a content-led demand generation agency based in London. Jason is a lifelong B2B marketing specialist with over 25 years’ experience in the industry. He has created strategies, campaigns and content for companies including Cisco, Adobe, EY, Sony Professional, Vodafone and many others. He is a passionate believer that B2B marketers and their agencies need to be less in awe of bright shiny new things and more focused on delivering the tangible business impact that resonates in the boardroom.
The value of content can be measured in lots of different ways, and many organisations will have their own goals and ambitions for what they want content to achieve.
Some may use content to deliver new sales leads, improve customer satisfaction or enhance brand visibility. But for all the benefits content can bring, expressing the contribution it makes to a business in pounds and pence remains one of the biggest hurdles for B2B marketers.
Phil’s webinar will offer a step-by-step guide to building out your content strategy by highlighting the three key elements needed to feed your sales pipeline:
- Buying cycle
- Content map
- Content personas
He'll also explore the importance of a content audit, and how to carry one out, and discuss what type of content works best at different stages of the sales cycle.
Phil has over 20 years’ experience in online marketing and performance-based lead generation and has worked both client and agency side, including in the private sector as head of marketing for a B2B software provider.
Danielle Howe, reports editor, B2B Marketing, Luke Brynley-Jones, MD, OST and Nicolas Chabot, head of EMEA at Traackr
Influencer marketing is no longer completely new on the scene, but there are few B2B marketing departments that are harnessing its full power. So what are the easy steps you can take to capitalise on the influence of the most powerful figures within your industry?
In this webinar, Danielle Howe, reports editor at B2B Marketing, will be joined by Luke Brynley-Jones, MD at OST and Nicolas Chabot, head of EMEA at Traackr, who will discuss the steps you can take to create and run a successful influencer marketing programme for your B2B brand.
In this session you'll learn:
• The value of influencer marketing in B2B, and whether it's right for you.
• How to identify your most powerful influencers, and steps you can take to engage with them.
• How to collaborate with influencers to extend the reach of your brand and engagement with new audiences.
Matthew Howarth, Business Development Manager, Cvent
As ideas, apps, and innovations continue to explode onto the scene, what was once considered far-off in the distance is literally around the corner. Event professionals must decide both which technologies to implement to improve the attendee experience, and new ways to encourage social sharing.
In this webinar, Matthew Howarth from Cvent will explore what’s in store for event technology and social media in 2017.
Matthew will additionally discuss:
- New ways to use Snapchat, Augmented Reality, and Video- Enabled Beacons to create memorable moments for attendees.
- How technology will change the way attendees consume content both in the short-term and beyond.
CX is widely recognised as the key battleground for B2B companies in the increasingly digitally-enabled buyer environment. But what does great CX look like for B2B brands? And, more to the point, what role can B2B marketers play in getting it right?
Leveraging primary research conducted with B2B buyers, this webinar will examine the cornerstones of how to get CX right in a B2B environment, and look at the provide practical tips and actionable strategies for marketers looking to raise their CX game.
It will be presented by B2B Marketing’s Editor-in-chief Joel Harrison, who will be joined by David Hicks of specialist CX consultancy, and marketing trainer and consultant Shane Redding.
In this session, you’ll learn:
• Marketing’s role in delivering excellent CX
• The role of influencers in CX
• How to measure and report CX, and to whom.
• How to create a company-wide approach to CX
Billy-Hamilton-Stent, Client Strategy Director, Octopus Group & Founder, Loudhouse
Are marketers running at a hundred miles an hour and, as a result, too focused on box-ticking and just ‘getting things done’, rather than being mindful of having a real impact on the business? Is this the dawn of the Breathless Marketer?
Recent research from Octopus Group found that B2B marketing directors were losing sleep over their jobs. Competitive changes and choice were driving delays in decision-making and putting them under increased pressure to meet marketing challenges with innovation and creativity. All of this and a whole marketing plan to deliver – on time and on budget.
In this webinar, we’ll cover:
•The typical traits of a ‘breathless business’
•How to spot the signs of being a breathless marketer
•Creating an action plan for change based on your situation & organisation
•The Smart, Strong and Slick levers – how they work and when to pull them!
Andrea Fryrear , Founder and Chief Content Officer, Fox Content and David Lesué, Creative Director, Workfront
Are you struggling to keep pace with rapidly changing customer needs and market demands? Are you slowed down by organisational silos, hierarchies, and processes? It may be time to get Agile. More than 90% of marketers who have adopted Agile marketing say it has improved their speed to market for ideas, products, and campaigns.
Whether your marketing organisation is just curious, starting the transition or all in on Agile, the time to learn about Agile marketing is now! Join Agile marketing expert Andrea Fryrear, and Workfront Creative Director David Lesué, as they explore what it means to be an Agile marketer and provide practical tips on how your organisation can make the transition.
Attend this webinar and learn how to:
•Secure leadership buy-in to move to an Agile marketing methodology.
•Respond to market changes more quickly.
•Improve collaboration between departments and locations.
•Avoid daily distractions and stay focused on the right priorities.
Joel Harrison, B2B Marketing; Justin Hall, Soto; Adam Sharp, Clever Touch, Dorian Logan, BrightTALK
Last year, marketers were focused on predictive analytics and ABM. This year is proving to be all about how machine learning and artificial intelligence will impact marketing strategies.
Leading organisations powering the marketing technology landscape are quickly innovating to introduce new technologies and are determined to make marketers successful. But just how will this happen? What questions should you be asking in order to innovate on your go-to-market plans?
Join us on Tuesday 4th April as we discuss how machine learning and artificial intelligence is shaping marketing decisions, driving growth and improving the customer experience.
Paul Gibson, EMEA Demandbase and Leanne Moir, Sr. Field Marketing Manager EMEA Demandbase
Many B2B marketers face 3 key challenges that are potentially holding back their ability to generate those opportunities the business desires, namely:
1. No insight on anonymous website visitors
2. No idea if content is being seen by the right people
3. Lots of budget being wasted on display ads
If any of these pains resonate with you, this session is a must as we explore the effect these issues have on your business. We will cover how to solve these pains and build a marketing strategy based on this data.
During this interactive webinar, you will learn how to:
• Identify your anonymous website traffic
• Ensure content is seen by target accounts on your website
• Take control of the buyer journey from the beginning
• Deliver targeted personalised display ads
There’s one crucial factor that dramatically increases the effectiveness and ROI of marketing automation - and the chances are you’re not using it.
Register now for this master-class webinar to learn the secrets of MA humanisation – what it is, how to use it and how it can double, treble or more, the effectiveness of your MA.
Kirsty Dawe of MarketMakers and Really B2B will reveal:
• How to ramp up the conversion rates from your lead scoring programme
• How to combine social, email, content and telemarketing to see the best results
• How best to support marketing automation with each channel
• How to elevate a marketing qualified lead to a truly hot sales qualified lead with telemarketing
Emily (Vera) Fritz, Social Media Team Lead at Cvent
An effective social media strategy should take attendees on a seamless journey, from pre-event through to post-event. This interactive discussion will approach each part of the event cycle – before, during and after. Tune in to discover how to effectively integrate social at every touchpoint, amplify the live event content on all platforms, and engage all of your attendees.
Join Emily (Vera) Fritz from Cvent to discover:
- The secret to a seamless journey all the way through to post-event
- How to integrate social media at every stage of the process
- How social will supercharge your live event content on all platforms
- How to provide an all important engagement platform for your attendees
Rob Heerdegen, Global Manager, Customer Success, Oracle Marketing Cloud
This presentation, part of the 5 Tenets of Modern Marketing Series, gives marketers a how-to guide for transforming your database to support effective segmentation and persona-driven communication and engagement.
Unreliable targeting can end a conversation from the beginning. The first step in building any sustainable structure is to ensure a proper foundation. Think of your database as this foundation.
Join Rob Heerdegen, of OMC to discover how to:
- Create persona-driven communications that power customer engagement
- Build and implement marketing campaigns that resonate with real people
- Extract laser targeted customer insights that deliver real value
- Increase your conversion rate on your re-engagement campaigns through continual data cleansing tactics
Research is an umbrella term for a range of different data and insight disciplines. But what role does it play in modern marketing strategies and what hurdles can it overcome?
In this webinar, we’ll be exploring what types of data and research really make an impact on your marketing efforts and where to apply and deploy different research strategies. From brand audits to thought leadership to customer insights, marketers need to run, jump and skip through the data decathlon to find that illusive competitive advantage.
Hosted by Loudhouse Research founder, Billy Hamilton-Stent, we’ll cover:
• Strategies to make research achieve many more business objectives
• How to get maximum ROI from research by expanding the scope without breaking the bank
• Case studies of research that have wowed the business
Marketing automation doesn’t have to seem like a distant frontier. Layer One Media’s James Pellizzi delivers a hands-on session with actionable insight that you can deploy, faster than your competitors eat lunch. Presentation followed by 10 minute Q&A.
Robert Gorby, Senior Director, SDL and Darryll Bayes, Associate Director of Marketing, The Church Agency
Near enough, is no longer good enough.
The survival of the external agency is now determined not by creative originality, but by creative effectiveness.
In a digital age in which the client marketing team is under extreme pressure to continuously shift the dial on acquisition and conversion rates, and have the analytics in real-time, the margin between success and failure can come down to a couple of percent in campaign effectiveness.
In this webinar in partnership with B2B Marketing and The Church Agency, we’ll discuss:
• The reality faced by marketing agencies to deliver effective global campaigns that speak locally
• How to handle the balance of effective campaigns that resonate vs. cost vs. operational efficiency
• How to handle the localization process and who owns responsibility: Agency vs. Client
• The key questions you should be asking about localization & campaign results that can be achieved through great localization.
Jon Dome, Manager Customer Roadmap, Harte Hanks and Alex Gill, Senior Director, Harte Hanks
This webinar outlines breakthrough approaches B2B marketers can take to drive revenue through optimising the buyer journey, based on understanding buyers, the buying steps they take and the outcomes they are aiming for. We’ll look at how to understand the new digitally driven buying process including cues that buyers exhibit during different journey phases, the ‘buying’ jobs they perform through the process, the outcomes they are seeking and the interactions that happen. Then we’ll explore ways to design and deliver brilliant marketing solutions where every interaction is tailored to buyers’ needs, with special focus on those buying outcomes that are under-served.
Intelligent management of the buyer journey is a vital component of strategies to drive better revenue and growth. This webinar will give you what you need to accelerate your efforts.
You will learn:
• How to understand buyers and their buyer journeys
• How to take a step back from your current efforts to evaluate your audience and work out how to serve them better
• How to improve the buyer journey and customer lifecycle
• How to identify and act on buyers’ digital cues
• The pillars of marketing success, and how to deploy them
Inside the mind of the business buyer – Results of the 2012 Buyersphere SurveyJohn Bottom, head of communications and content, Base One and Kate Thompson, head of B2B, McCallum Layton[[ webcastStartDate * 1000 | amDateFormat: 'MMM D YYYY h:mm a' ]]59 mins