HDI conducts comprehensive annual research on almost every aspect of the service desk, from hiring, staffing, and salaries to metrics, frameworks, and technologies. This webinar will explore not only the statistics around the service desk, but what they mean in terms of industry trends and changes. How successful has the “do more with less” approach been? Are service desks hiring, or reducing staff? Is the workload shrinking or growing? What are the top metrics being gathered, and what do they mean?
Attendees will learn:
- What do service desks consider “must-have” technologies for supporting customers/users?
- What contact channels are being used by customers to get support and request services?
- What percentage of organizations are hiring for expansion of the service desk?
- Which frameworks and methodologies are being used?
- What are some areas where improvement is needed?
HDI's 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award honoree Roy Atkinson is one of the top influencers in the service and support industry. His blogs, presentations, research reports, white papers, keynotes, and webinars have gained him an international reputation. In his role as senior writer/analyst, he acts as HDI's in-house subject matter expert, bringing his years of experience to the community. He holds a master’s certificate in advanced management strategy from Tulane University’s Freeman School of Business, and he is a certified HDI Support Center Manager.
Follow him on Twitter @RoyAtkinson