Ruairi O'Donnell (PhD), Head of Medical Communications, Abacus International
For over 16 years Abacus International has pioneered the development of evidence based market access solutions. From developing the first budget impact tools for payers in the 1990’s to more recently the development of an innovative web-based value platform tool & health economic materials for iPad, Abacus remain at the forefront of communication with payers.
Market access, innovative 21st century solutions
This presentation explores some of the challenges faced by pharmaceutical companies wishing to demonstrate the evidence-based value of their products to different audiences and offers some innovative solutions to overcome these challenges.
Types of value communication considered:
· Internal communication within market access teams
· External communication of value to payers
Relevant deliverables covered:
· Global Value Dossiers/ Value platforms
· Payer Communication tools
Innovative solutions explored:
· Evidence management
· Synchronised messaging and strategy
· Knowledge exchange among stakeholders
· Continued engagement with stakeholders
· Increased access to stakeholders
· Successful implementation of global strategies
· Monitoring success
· The use of impactful and engaging technologies (iPad, mobile devices and the internet)
Alex Butler, Peter Mas-Mollinedo, Steve Gray and Dominic Tyer (moderator)
Digital marketing is the next frontier for pharma companies but,
despite widespread interest in the medium, few UK companies have grasped the nettle and tried to engage with patients and prescribers using new online tools. A lack of clarity on what is allowed is one factor perceived to be holding companies back.
This InPharm.com webcast will discuss how digital marketing initiatives can be carried out under the UK’s self-regulatory Code of Practice, and provide real-world examples.
The speakers are: Alex Butler (Janssen), Peter Mas-Mollinedo (ICR-UK & IMI - Irish Medical Information), Steve Gray (Compliance Hub) and Dominic Tyer (Moderator - InPharm.com)