Strategic Analysis of the European Market for Variable Valvetrain Technologies
The study “Strategic Analysis of the European Market for Variable Valvetrain Technologies" will cover the market for valvetrain systems for gasoline and diesel vehicles in Europe. It sheds light on the new valvetrain technologies that bring significant gains when accompanied with downsizing and other emission-reduction techniques. This briefing will highlight trends in the market while projecting the future outlook and the opportunities for different participants from development to production.
Why You Should Attend:
· Learn about the growth of the variable valvetrain market
· Understand OEM strategies pertaining to gasoline downsizing and diesel valvetrain
· Identify opportunities in the valvetrain market
RecordedJun 28 201221 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Shyam Raman, Program Manager and Krishna Achuthan, Senior Research Analyst, Intelligent Mobility
Why You Must Attend:
· Rail is being prioritized across the globe to move traffic away from road systems.
· There has been a steady growth in rail freight and passenger volumes across the globe, and new business models are reshaping the rail landscape.
· Influence of information technology in rail is expected to open opportunities for market participants to make advances in telematics, automation and energy efficiency.
· The global rail market is expected to provide significant opportunities in terms of growth as investment in new priority rail projects and government initiatives are expected to drive volumes and private investment.
Frost & Sullivan Intelligent Mobility Team and Alex Mangan Product Marketing Manager, HERE Automotive
Autonomous cars are heavily reliant on existing infrastructure such as road signs, markings, etc., to navigate. However, the required infrastructure to support autonomous driving is subpar at most in many regions. To ensure that autonomous cars can continue driving autonomously, they require high-definition maps that can “fill in the blanks” (e.g., missing lane markings or signs can be checked on the map). This briefing will discuss where HD maps fit into the autonomous driving ecosystem, HD maps adoption, and threats to automotive navigation players by geospatial companies.
Arunprasad Nandakumar, Karl Iagnemma, Andreas Strasser
Why You Must Attend:
· What hardware and software approaches are industry players looking into as the industry moves from disruption to commercialization of autonomous driving?
· Industry is now at the cusp of a convergence between various technology programs. What new business opportunities are likely to evolve from the emergence of aspects like new mobility services and auto insurance?
· The US and EU are seeing growth of new autonomous test beds. How important are independent test beds and programs in the wider development and acceptance of autonomous driving?
Adoption of new technologies in logistics has become imperative for industry participants as supply chain visibility, faster delivery timelines, and focus on saving costs without compromising on service offerings are becoming norms of day-to-day business across industries. Technology advancements are not just bridging the gap of efficiencies; they are providing the industry with new channels and business models, and hence a new dimension to evolution. Adoption of these technologies is not a matter of gaining an edge over competitors, but a matter of survival.
Kumar Saha,Avijit Ghosh, Catherine Hutt, Joe Kripli
As vehicle age increases and environmental legislation tightens across the globe, remanufactured products will play a critical role. These market shifts will create a strong demand for remanufactured parts, resulting in a higher growth than the overall aftermarket. These transformations will create many opportunities for various stakeholders.
The recent diesel engine cheating scandal has raised many questions on how emissions are being measured. This briefing will shed light on the regulatory changes and how vehicle manufacturers need to align their powertrain portfolio.
Why You Must Attend:
· Recent events have brought about a shift of focus from CO2 emission reduction to NOx. What are the implications?
· What does the surge of electric car sales in Europe and China indicate?
· Learn about key powertrain trends with regards to changes in engine displacements, injection technologies and, most importantly, the role of exhaust aftertreatment technologies in the future
· Discuss changes in consumer perception following the Volkswagen emission scandal
Mobility Research Manager Sathya Kabirdas; president and co-founder of Telogis Jason Koch; and Kara Kerker, executive vice president and CMO of Lytx, will host a panel discussion on truck telematics, growth opportunities unlocked by disruptive technologies, inventive business cases, and regulatory mandates, followed by a live question-and answer session.
Sandeep Kar and guest speakers Jeffrey C. Walker, director, MD-HD Truck Transmissions at Eaton, and Eric Starks, president at FTR, will provide an executive outlook of key trends and forces shaping the global medium-heavy duty truck market's trajectory in 2016. Sandeep will focus on major takeaways from the market's performance in 2015 and then focus on the top-of-mind issues for commercial vehicle industry executives in 2016. He also will present a forecast for medium-heavy duty truck sales from both regional and global perspectives, focus on powertrain mix for 2016, present the future of connected truck technologies, and highlight product-specific changes that are likely to shape truck technologies and markets. Walker will provide an outlook on the global market and regulatory environment, product and technology imperatives, and Eaton's industry position. Starks will focus on FTR's 2016 outlook for the North American heavy truck and trailer market.
Krishna Jayaraman, Praveen Chandrasekar, Mahbubul Alam
The outlook focuses on the key trends and innovations framing the connected car industry in 2016. Topics covered include:
• Highlights from 2015
• Top predictions for 2016
• Regional trends (EU, NA, China, Brazil)
• Exhibits covering innovation in HMI, telematics and infotainment
• Connected services, HMI features and telematics services with OEM benchmarking (EU, NA, China, Brazil)
• Connected car market size and forecasts (2015, 2016 and 2021)
• Key takeaways and future outlook
2016 is expected to see global light vehicle sales exceeding 91 million units, with growth in the US and Europe balancing the slowdown in the emerging markets. Ridesharing, intelligent mobility and big data analytics are key trends that will influence the market in 2016. This webinar analyzes emerging market trends and makes bold predictions for 2016.
Shyam Raman, Frost & Sullivan and Dan Corns, Magnovate
Attend this webinar to discover:
• What will be the impact of Mega Trends on the global rail industry in 2016?
• What is the global market for rolling stock in 2016?
• Where are the new opportunities in rail infrastructure?
• Which markets will drive growth opportunities for rail in 2016?
With increasing challenges and demand for data-intensive and data-sensitive applications, automakers constantly think about their legacy and futuristic applications to support demanding use cases. This webinar will investigate the changing technology landscape in Europe and North America, and will specifically focus on how automotive participants are envisaging cloud-based solutions.
Volkswagen's (VW) concession of corporate malfeasance in circumventing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) testing in the US has sent the global automotive industry into a tailspin. This briefing examines the fallout from the emission scandal and its impact on the Volkswagen group, as well as the wider automotive ecosystem.
Iran is the largest (population 79.5 million) underserved and untapped market globally where customers and automotive manufacturers suffered the effects of economic sanctions.
This presentation shows key findings from a recently concluded deep-dive study about the state of automotive business in light of the new political climate, and analyzes developments in the Iranian passenger vehicle (PV) market. Business opportunities and implications of the Iranian Nuclear Agreement, which will make Iran more accessible to foreign market participants, will also be discussed in detail.
Why You Should Attend:
• Hear an overview of the Iranian PV market, including key market participants and opportunities.
• Evaluate the attractiveness of the Iranian automotive market and understand how it will mature by 2022.
• Understand implications of existing local regulations and how they will evolve.
Rising personal vehicle ownership offers growth opportunities for vehicle parts and service providers across the world. However, technological, economic and social trends are merging to change how consumers will purchase these products and services in the future.
Why you should attend:
-Learn about the high-growth potential of the automotive aftermarket industry
-Identify how changing consumer behavior will drive growth for new market participants
-Discover how suppliers can leverage existing technology to penetrate new markets
In an intelligent transportation network that embraces new mobility business models, we must think beyond automated vehicles. There is a need for a unified approach that reaps benefits across safety, fuel economy and better flow of traffic. This can only be done when vehicles are not only automated, but are capable of communicating with each other, have a better sense of eco-driving and embrace new mobility modes to achieve leaner commuting.
We are witnessing a shift in products and services being provided to business travelers and the way in which companies set up their administration of these activities. New mobility business models, such as carsharing, ridesharing, and e-hailing/taxi services for personal use, are also developing into dedicated corporate mobility services and being integrated into corporate travel options.
Chan Ming Lih | Research Associate | Automotive and Transportation | Frost & Sullivan
Gasoline powertrain will gradually make way for electric powertrain by 2020. Electric powertrain segment is likely to expand, while the gasoline segment experiences slight decline and diesel powertrain segment retains a stable market share.
Ming Lih will discuss the market opportunities of the Chinese powertrain market from 3 segments; gasoline, diesel and electric. She will compare the current and future outlook situation across market, industry, technology, government perspective and consumer's perception.
The global autonomous heavy-duty truck market is gaining momentum, with most major heavy truck-makers trying to make their mark in this competitive field.
Switkes will provide his company's vision of the market, focusing on vehicle-to-vehicle communication and radar-based active braking technologies.
Questions this webinar will answer:
• What is the potential market size?
• What are the emerging trends?
• How will platooning technology evolve?
• What are the costs associated with autonomous driving?
The Frost & Sullivan Mobility practice provides global market intelligence, prescriptive research, and advisory services tailored to your organization. Our experience and global experts continue to adapt and innovate to identify opportunities and challenges to meet the ever-changing demands of the industry.
Our Analyst briefings are a key insight into some of the advanced analytical tools to address converging mega trends, new business models, technology led solutions, regulatory changes and competitive pressures across a broad spectrum of industry topics.