Colin Whittaker with: Rebecca Herold; Paul Breitbarth, TrustArc; Cillian Kieran, Ethyca; and David Klein, ProcessUnity.
2021 is set to be an exciting one for privacy protection legislation as several notable privacy laws will begin enforcement, with several others falling in line to the new international standard set by the GDPR. Even though the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) became effective on May 25, 2018, its application to U.S.-based employers continues to evolve and increase in complexity. For U.S. employers of European Union (“EU”) residents, renewed concerns have arisen regarding cross-border data transfers, and with meeting GDPR compliance demands. This is particularly important with regard to remote working arrangements, COVID-19 contact tracing, and interaction with global HR data systems.
Join this expert panel webinar and learn how to streamline compliance with global data breach notification regulations to operationalize critical functions at every stage of privacy program maturity. You will also learn:
- Trends and key observations on the effect of GDPR since inception
- The impact the GDPR has had on influencing newer regulations, as well as a look into other emerging GDPR-like regulations.
- How to use risk scoring to determine if a breach requires notification to regulatory authorities and impacted individuals.
- Strategies for implementing a best-in-class program that addresses all phases of privacy management.
- How compliance with the GDPR has impacted privacy professionals’ work and our organizations.