Paul Borden, Hillel Cohn; Morrison & Foerster; Thomas Grygiel, ACA Compliance Group
The first phase of the Department of Labor’s (DOL) new fiduciary rule (Fiduciary Rule) was implemented on June 9 2017. The Fiduciary Rule greatly expands the categories of persons who are deemed fiduciaries when dealing with retail retirement investors. Many investment professionals will now be deemed fiduciaries and need to comply with the new standards.
Join Morrison & Foerster and the ACA Compliance group for this timely webinar in conjunction with the International Financial Law Review.
Topics Will Include:
· An overview of the history of the DOL rule;
· The substance of the rule;
· The exemptions;
· Changes we’re already seeing in how broker dealers interact with clients and organize their offerings;
· What we can expect in terms of future challenges and changes to the rule;
· Legal liability and potential litigation.