Shearman & Sterling, Commerce & Finance Law Offices, IFLR
A reform-minded Politburo Standing Committee, the introduction of a new payments system and the potential future full convertibility of the renminbi all point towards an explosion of activity in China’s capital markets this year. Though the long-awaited International Board of the Shanghai Stock Exchange has no clear timeline yet to proceed, foreign companies are expressing strong interest to listing in China.
This webinar will provide a practical guide to opportunities in China’s capital markets. The speakers will focus on:
- Existing listing regime in China
- International Board of the Shanghai Stock Exchange: closer or not?
- Potential benefits for international companies
- Key terms of the draft Listing Rules
- Comparison of listings in China and Hong Kong
Matthew Bersani, Asia Managing Partner, Shearman & Sterling
Colin Law, Head of Hong Kong Law Practice, Shearman & Sterling
Liu Gang, Partner, Commerce & Finance Law Offices (Tongshang)
Lucy McNulty, IFLR (moderator)
CPD & New York and California CLE credit will be offered for this webinar