Murray Roberts, Corporate & Commercial Department, BVI
Asia Pacific Edition: BVI companies are used widely across the world in many different types of corporate structures. In this webinar Murray Roberts of Harneys’ BVI corporate practice group focuses on the directors of BVI companies and their duties and functions under BVI law. He also discusses from the standpoint of directors of BVI companies the lessons learned from recent market events, in particular the drying up of traditional sources of financing and resulting insolvency situations.
Topics will include:
- Who is a Director?
- Directors’ statutory duties
- Directors’ common law and fiduciary duties
- Directors’ disclosure of interests
- Directors’ duties in an insolvency situation
- Liabilities of directors
- Indemnification of directors
- Directors and limitation periods
There will be a live Q&A session following Murray’s presentation.
This webinar is designed for persons who are Directors of BVI companies, as well as persons representing any of the following types of organisations:
- Corporates which have BVI companies in their corporate structure, or which are considering establishing a BVI company
- International law firms and financial institutions advising clients with BVI companies in their corporate structures
- Trust companies and providers of corporate directors in the BVI
- Accounting firms
Please note: This webinar is also being held on Tuesday, 27 September at 14:00 GMT for audiences in the Americas and Europe. To access the 27 September event please find it in our webinar player or type this link into your internet browser: http://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/5873/34411
Further, please note that this webinar was previously advertised incorrectly for Wednesday, October 5th.
If you have questions about these webinars please contact Susanna Potter at email@example.com.