Jeremy Waite (EMEA Marketing Evangelist, IBM), Jim Clark (Research Director, Econsultancy)
This webinar will highlight results from Econsultancy’s New Marketing Reality report in partnership with IBM.
The traditional funnel no longer works. It assumes audiences are linear and predictable in their behaviour. At the same time, it doesn’t take into account the fact that people will act the way they want to act, rather than sticking to a sequence designed by marketers.
Despite this being the perceived wisdom among practitioners, organisations still spend billions creating awareness to acquire new customers. What they should be doing is spending this on keeping existing customers happy by providing a superior customer experience.
This webinar will seek to explore why organisations are failing to take into account this new marketing reality. In doing so, it will underline the challenges marketers face when trying to get a joined-up view of the customer and the opportunities that can be had from unlocking the value of customer data.
As part of this, the webinar will address some of the following points:
· What role does first-party data play in marketer’s strategies, and what facts are preventing organisations from making better use of their customer data?
· How effectively are organisations joining the dots when it comes to linking their understanding of consumer journeys from online to offline? What sources of data are they using?
· How do organisations rate the importance of understanding the customer journey and for more progressive marketers, what have been the business benefits of this understanding?
· What’s driving this overall strategy – are organisations using this intelligence of the customer to drive business-focussed outcomes or measure the performance of individual campaigns?
· What new technologies are practitioners using to make sense of audiences, from marketing automation to AI and intelligent algorithms?