Assessing how Brexit will affect antitrust, litigation and payment services in the UK.
Lawyers from the London office of Constantine Cannon LLP address the effects of the referendum vote in their areas of practice, considering the risks and opportunities that lie ahead. Time permitting, any questions submitted in advance will be addressed in the presentation (unless a private response is requested).
1. A Beginner’s Guide to Brexit
· What has happened
· What is going to happen
· When will it happen
2. Competition Law Post-Brexit
· How UK competition law will change in the short and longer-term
· Merger and leniency filings after exit
· Lobbying in Brussels
3. How Brexit Will Affect UK Antitrust Litigation
· Can European defendants still be sued in the English courts?
· How will EU competition law apply in English courts in the future?
· Will litigation shift to Amsterdam and Berlin?
4. Future Challenges in Payments
· Application of EU regulations
· New threats: tying of mobile payments and circumvention of interchange restrictions
· Status of the merchant interchange cases
RecordedJul 8 201659 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
The FCA and PRA and confirmed that they will be extending SMCR from the current scope, which is limited to just deposit taking entities, to the remainder of the financial services industry. The extension of the regime will go live in 2018 for insurers and 2019 for all other firms.
BCS Consulting have supported many banks through their implementation from which they have learnt key lessons about the challenges, unintended regulatory consequences and most effective solutions.
BCS will share their lessons learnt and explain how they have designed highly effective SMCR solutions to save firms significant time and money, ensuring they achieve and maintain compliance with the rules.
Salman Ahmed - Chief Investment Strategist - Lombard Odier
Emerging Market Debt: Strengthening fundamentals, an improved geopolitical outlook and attractive valuations
On 13 July 2017, join us to listen to Salman Ahmed’s insights on what makes emerging market debt attractive and why he favours local versus hard currencies. Salman will also explain why investors should rethink implementation when it comes to this asset class.
Don’t miss the opportunity to have your questions answered in this live presentation.
James Mitchell, Senior Portfolio Manager, Russell Investments
As schemes de-risk and move away from equities we believe you should be considering Multi-Asset Credit. At our forthcoming webinar James Mitchell, Senior Portfolio Manager will discuss:
· Why credit risk should be a larger component of your overall risk budget
· How to bring a true multi-asset approach to credit
· How best to access this premia using best of breed managers
· What areas of the market offer best value
The sustained low interest rate environment has led to a search for dividend income stocks. Kevin Soyer, senior analyst at IHS Markit Dividend Forecasting, will highlight
- Yield opportunities across regions and countries around the world.
- Which countries and sectors are expected to deliver growth in the future?
- What are the key drivers for forecasting a dividend?
- How can investors get an exposure to dividends?
Alex Foreman-Peck- KPMG; Faycal Bousfar - Oracle; Adam Scriven- KPMG, Rahul Banerji- Oracle
Learn how you can attain greater control, efficiency and insight from fee management in a heavily regulated environment by joining a webcast organized by KPMG and Oracle for fund management executives.
The webcast will address key challenges in the fee management lifecycle:
• Reducing processing inefficiency,
• Providing transparency to customers and regulators,
• Controlling revenue streams
• Producing meaningful MI to stakeholders.
Derek Bradley, Panacea Adviser & Edward Park, Brooks Macdonald
Panacea Adviser has teamed up with BrightTalk and Brooks Macdonald for a free webcast to support and educate Financial Advisers.
- the recent market and economic environment
- potential issues of the current volatility in world markets
- opportunities that can exist as a result
It will then detail some of the vehicles that can be used to dampen the impact of volatile markets.
The webcast will be led by Edward Park. Edward is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and manages bespoke discretionary portfolios on behalf of a number of Brooks Macdonald clients. He also assists in the formulation of the Brooks Macdonald investment process as a member of both their Asset Allocation and Investment Committees.
This in-depth, thought provoking session will be of real value to you and your firm and not one to be missed!
Rory Mcpherson (Head of Investment Strategy, Psigma Investment Management)
Psigma’s Head of Investment Strategy Rory Mcpherson will be discussing the current market environment and considering what this means for economies and investors alike. In particular, he will address:
· The state of the global economy: what are the challenges and where are the opportunities
· What are policy makers doing / what are they likely to do
· How healthy is the investment opportunity set?
o What are valuations like?
o What are earnings like?
· How bullish / bearish are investors and is now the time to be buying?
· How do we at Psigma believe one should be positioned in this market
· To finish with closing comments and questions
L Bryan Carter, Head of Emerging Markets Fixed Income and JC Sambor, Deputy Head of Emerging Markets Fixed Income
In this webcast summit we will cover why there is reason for optimism in the Emerging Markets Fixed Income (EMFI) asset class. We will share insights into:
- How attractive is EMFI under President Trump
- Compelling reasons to invest in this asset class and why now is a good time
Sam Bentley, Client Portfolio Manager, Eastspring Investments
Value investing outperforms in emerging markets is the foundation of Eastspring’s investment philosophy. Sam Bentley, Client Portfolio Manager, will introduce you to capturing this value opportunity in emerging markets over time. He will describe Eastspring’s team structure and process, which have been designed to exploit the enduring opportunity created by behavioural biases hard-wired into individuals’ investment decisions.
Together with an introduction to our GEM Dynamic Fund, Sam will explain our focused, best ideas strategy targeting those names with significant valuation signals and potential capital growth. You will see how our approach has performed and how it differs to our GEM peers. Sam will discuss how the strategy is positioned to take advantage of the huge valuation anomalies we still find today in GEM equities.
Bartosz Golba, Head of Content – Wealth Management (GlobalData)
Political turbulences – it’s enough to mention US election and Brexit referendum – only added to the list of factors significantly affecting global asset allocation strategies in 2016, particularly in Europe and North America. Looking forward, how can wealth managers adjust their HNW clients’ portfolios in 2017 to make sure that they are not encouraged to try alternative investment managers?
This webinar sheds light into what is and will be driving investment choices in the European and American HNW space now and in 2017.
Join us to learn about how companies can provide effective ESG reporting and investors can use this information for investment decisions. Hear from organisations including the UN PRI, Aviva, Unilever and CCLA Investment Management.
09:00 Welcome & role of LSEG in enabling issuer-investor communication
09:15 Sustainable Stock Exchanges: Market need for ESG Guidance
09:35 Launch of LSEG Guidance
09:55 Investor panel: Challenges, Expectations and Approaches
10:40 Issuer panel: Challenges, Perspectives and Opportunities
11:25 Closing remarks
View the full agenda and speaker information: http://www.lseg.com/events/guidance-esg-reporting-investors
Erik Rubingh, manager of the Global Equity Market Neutral Strategy, will explain the impact of the unique ‘True Styles’ methodology on raw equity factor performance. Chris Childs, Director in the Multi Strategy Investments team, will then highlight the appeal of the strategy from the perspective of building a multi-asset portfolio.
How are ETFs used to construct portfolios and deliver goal-based investing solutions? How do data and artificial intelligence help to understand investor behaviour, manage compliance risk, and deliver personalised content?
All this and more will be covered by Anthony Christodoulou, founder of Robo-Investing Europe, an event which features the top thought leaders in digital wealth management and investment solutions.
On SharingAlpha investment professionals are able to create a virtual fund of funds and build their own proven track record in terms of asset allocation. CAIA Association has decided to sponsor an asset allocation competition that will start of Feb. 1st. In this webinar we will demonstrate how to create your virtual fund of funds and how to follow your performance.
Rory Mcpherson (Head of Investment Strategy, Psigma Investment Management)
Join this presentation where Rory will discuss valuations and business cycles across core asset classes and future returns these imply.
Discussion points will include:
· Quick re-cap on 2016: what’s changed and what does this imply for core asset classes
· What are the big themes for next year?
· What is the “right” portfolio mix for next year?
o What are valuations like
o What are the risks
o Where are the best opportunities