Heather Kanser, Data Visualization and Modeling Expert and Todd Galloway, Rally Release Train Engineer
Big Room Planning (BRP), sometimes referred to as PI Planning, is a two-day release train planning event. The purpose of the event is a collaborative planning process resulting in a committed roadmap for the Planning Increment (PI). At Rally, our PIs are fiscal quarters, organized into six or seven two-week sprints, with all teams on the same sprint cadence. The final sprint of the quarter is really two, one-week sprints; one for Hackathon, and one for the Big Room Planning event.
This webinar will walk you through answering these release planning preparation questions:
1. Will our team structure change?
2. Are there any known upcoming disruptions?
3. How much capacity do we have for the upcoming release?
4. During the past release, were we able to make changes to the plan when new, important information emerged? Did we allow for change? Were we consumed with change?
5. How much time have we historically spent on defects? During this time, has our defect debt improved or declined?
6. What is our investment strategy for the upcoming release?
Heather Kanser, Data Visualization and Modeling Expert and Todd Galloway, Rally’s Release Train Engineer, will identify their tip and share best practices for running big room planning meetings and the data they bring from Rally to the table to achieve the highest results.
3 Reasons To Attend:
1. Improve planning, tracking and forecasting by leveraging analytics metrics
2. Gain best practices from how Rally manages software releases
3. Become empowered to identify actions for continuous improvement
This is Part 6 in the Agile Analytics webinar series.
Part 1: How To Interpret Data from Burnup/Burndown
Part 2: How To Interpret Data from Cumulative Flow Diagram
Part 3: How to Interpret Data from Throughput and Cycle Time
Part 4: How to Interpret Data from Rally Insights Framework (Advanced Material)
Part 5: How to Interpret Data from Smart Cumulative Flow Diagram (Advanced Material)