Moderator-Michael Peterson, Panelists-Gene Nagle, Gideon Senderov, Larry Freeman, Matt Brisse, Thomas Rivera
Join members of the SNIA’s Data Protection and Capacity Optimization Committee (DPCO) in a panel discussion with viewers as they provide current perspectives on best practices and implementation experience for data deduplication.
Discuss with us such topics as:
- Where should I run deduplication? (source, target)
- What data can be deduplicated? (backup, archive, primary)
- Explain the scope of deduplication (types of engines, repositories, dedupe ratios ...)
- Is deduplication an energy efficient “green” technology?
- What does “dedupe-rate” mean?
- How does dedupe affect disaster recovery?
- Where can I find data deduplication resources?
- How should I get started?