Glyn Bowden, HPE; Mukund Shenoy, Intel; Alex McDonald, SNIA Cloud Storage Technologies Initiative Chair
The convergence of 5G, Edge Compute and Artificial Intelligence (AI) promise to be catalyst for Digital transformation within industrial segments. Advanced 5G is specifically designed to address the needs of verticals with capabilities like enhanced mobile broadband (emBB), ultra-reliable low latency communications (urLLC), and massive machine type communications (mMTC), to enable near real-time distributed intelligence applications. For example, automated guided vehicle and autonomous mobile robots (AGV/AMRs), wireless cameras, augmented reality for connected workers, and smart sensors across many verticals ranging from healthcare and immersive media, to factory automation.
Using this data, manufacturers are looking to maximize operational efficiency and process optimization by leveraging AI and machine learning. To do that, they need to understand and effectively manage the sources and trustworthiness of timely data.
This presentation will take a deep dive into how:
• Edge can be defined and current state of the industry
• Industrial Edge is being transformed
• 5G and Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) play a foundational role in Industry 4.0
• The convergence of high-performance wireless connectivity and AI creates new data-intensive use cases
• The right data pipeline layer provides persistent, trustworthy storage from edge to cloud