Michael Gerdes, Director, Information Security Center of Expertise & Molly Talafuse, Manager, IT Risk Advisory Practice
How safe is your organization? With many recent, highly-publicized security breaches, it’s clear that we’re all at risk. Join Experis for a complimentary webinar designed to provide insights into some key underlying causes that link recent breaches. Plus, learn what strategies your organization can adopt to successfully manage information risks in this era of increasing breaches.
Hacking has literally become a global business, with personal data at the top of the list of commodities being put up for sale. With all the breaches in the news, many media outlets have focused on the susceptibility of companies to malware, while ignoring other critical flaws that likely contributed to the success of these breaches. Among these are failures in common IT processes such as change management, software release control, and access control to production environments. A common thread in these flaws is most often the lack of effective governance and oversight of the information risks inherent in these processes. Recognizing how they impact your organization, and taking appropriate actions, are critical steps in reducing your vulnerability to security breaches.
By participating in this webinar you will:
• Learn about some common flaws in security and IT practices that connect recent security breaches.
• Understand the critical role a partnership between Security and Internal Audit has in breach prevention.
• Recognize the evolving role of security governance and internal audit’s role.
• Identify some practical steps your information security and audit teams can take to reduce risk.
• Gain insights and recommendations to integrate proven security strategies in your organization.
Your experts for this informative webinar are Mike Gerdes, Director, Information Security Center of Expertise, Experis, and Molly Talafuse, Manager, IT Risk Advisory Practice, Experis.