Charles J. Kolodgy, IDC Analyst: Research VP of Security Products & Brandon Stigers, Training & Development, ESET
Not long ago there were those who were complaining that there was a monoculture in computing. Too many people were using Windows operating systems and that was a primary facilitator for Windows based attacks.
Over the past few years things have been changing. Endpoints now, are likely to be mobile devices using various operating systems, to reside on a server in the cloud by way of desktop virtualization, or to be a non-Windows machine running Apple or Linux.
To address this new environment, organizations need to look for specific capabilities when selecting their endpoint security solution. These include:
• The ability to have one product that can be used to protect a wide range of devices (Windows, MAC, Linux), work in virtualized environments, and deal with removable media
• Centralized management with remote administration that verifies protection, is used for compliance reporting, and saves IT resources.
• High level of performance. This includes a small footprint and fast scanning so as to not negatively impact on machine performance, while at the same time maintaining a high level of protection.
Forrester, Vice President - Jonathan Penn | ESET, Director of Technical Education - Randy Abrams
Trends such as mobility, Web 2.0, and consumerization are shattering traditional notions of IT control. As a result, IT security organizations are struggling to defend against a more formidable hacker adversary at a time when they have less visibility and control over their IT environment.
Forrester Research: Understanding and adapting to the New Threat Landscape
* What you need to know about the changing nature of the threat landscape
* Which long-held security principles are outdated, and which ones should be adhered to
* Where to invest to maximize the impact of your efforts while minimizing risk
ESET: The New Threatscape - What hasn't changed?
* Recognizing old attacks in the context of new technologies
* Addressing the constants; Security software, patch management, password management, encryption, education
What is the Cybersecurity Masters Series?
ESET's Cybersecurity Masters webinar series is designed to connect you with the experts. As an IT Security professional you will gain access to analysis and commentary from industry experts on the Cybersecurity front. Register now >>
Security is hard. Working with a security VAR doesn't have to be. At GalaxyTech International we focus on making your life easier. Simplified product offerings, professional services you can afford, and an attitude of service are how we do it. We want you so happy with our service, that you could never imagine working with anyone else!
Today’s new generation of mobile-centric users and the sheer number of authentications due to mobility is driving the need for better visibility into who and what is on the network.
Join Neela Sambandam, ClearPass Product Manager, to learn how the Insight reporting package within the ClearPass solution gives you:
•Unsurpassed views into the users, devices and connections on your network
•An easy-to-use dashboard and analytics engine
•Triggered alerts based on pre-defined metrics
•Improved reporting with pre-configured templates
Learn how ClearPass Insights can improve network performance and user experience, as well as about future enhancements.
Enterprises, both large and small, all have vulnerability management solutions. However, security teams are overwhelmed by the mountain of vulnerabilities uncovered by these solutions. Once they determine which endpoints, systems and applications are vulnerable to an attack, they do not know which steps to take next and in what order. As a result, they spend countless hours manually determining who owns the vulnerable asset, the value of that asset, if it was compromised and if there is an active threat to that asset.
Join us for a live webinar on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 10am PT as Humphrey Christian, Vice President, Product Management, Bay Dynamics, discusses why organizations and business stakeholders, need an asset-centric approach to provide a fully integrated view of threats, vulnerabilities, asset value and business context. He will also give a live demonstration of the Bay Dynamics Risk Fabric cyber risk platform and provide examples of how our customers have used it to build asset-centric risk management programs that allow security teams, line-of-business leaders, C-level executives and boards of directors to determine which threats and associated vulnerabilities could lead to a compromise of their most valued assets and what steps need to be taken in order to reduce that risk.
Register for the live webinar to learn more about:
• Understanding your Assets at Risk by protecting your high value assets that can be exploited by threats and vulnerabilities
• Why it is important to take an asset-centric approach to effectively manage cyber risk
• How Risk Fabric cyber risk analytics platform servers as a centerpiece for this asset-centric approach through a live demonstration
Public cloud apps like Office 365 are being widely adopted in every major industry, with security & compliance at the top of the list of concerns. In this webinar, Greg Schaffer, CISO at FirstBank and Rich Campagna, VP of Products at Bitglass, will provide practical cloud security advice that you can apply immediately in your organization. Focusing on O365 but offering a broad view, Greg and Rich will cover top concerns, mitigating controls and will give examples of how your peers have responded to the cloud security challenge.
By 2020, Gartner predicts 60% of digital businesses will suffer major service failures due to the inability of the IT security team to manage digital risk in new technology and use cases. With Target, Apple, Nissan, and Twitter all making the news recently for their security failures, CIOs and CISOs are under tremendous pressure to keep the business secure -- without slowing the business down.
In this session, Uri Sarid, MuleSoft CTO and Kevin Paige, MuleSoft Head of Security, discuss the application networks and an emerging approach that CIOs and CISOs are driving together to deliver both security and business agility.
Attendees will learn:
– How to deal with security no longer resting in the hands of the security team due to shadow IT and other factors
– How a well-defined API strategy can reduce risk
– How application networks have emerged as an approach to deliver security and agility
– How CISOs can drive agility and promote security by shifting mindsets
If you’re an IT professional, you probably know at least the basics of ransomware. Instead of using malware or an exploit to exfiltrate PII from an enterprise, bad actors instead find valuable data and encrypt it. Unless you happen to have an NSA-caliber data center at your disposal to break the encryption, you must pay your attacker in cold, hard bitcoins—or else wave goodbye to your PII.
Those assumptions aren’t wrong, but they also don’t tell the whole picture. Hear from Jeremiah Grossman, SentinelOne’s Chief of Security Strategy and a 20-year cybersecurity veteran, in this on-demand webinar that will explore the foundations of ransomware, and why you truly need to worry.
Regulatory compliance is one of the biggest immediate challenges affecting the financial services industry today. Many market participants are unsure how to meet constantly evolving reporting requirements or how to move to an open API framework in a secure and compliant way.
This month’s webinar will feature information from our 2016 mid-year security roundup report where we detail out the latest trends within the threat landscape affecting the world. From Ransomware and Business Email Compromise to Data Breaches we’ll cover the most important threats that are targeting our customers and businesses. We will also cover the threat statistics we gather from our Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ and the top threats observed.
Tune in for the latest in our Ask the Experts Series! This session is all-about-Azure: cloud computing and PaaS for the enterprise. During this session we will show you how and why to use the benefit/credit that comes with your Visual Studio Subscription.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- About other available Azure programs
- Application development tests on Azure
- What other customers are doing on Azure and how it is paying large dividends