Charles J. Kolodgy, IDC Analyst: Research VP of Security Products & Brandon Stigers, Training & Development, ESET
Not long ago there were those who were complaining that there was a monoculture in computing. Too many people were using Windows operating systems and that was a primary facilitator for Windows based attacks.
Over the past few years things have been changing. Endpoints now, are likely to be mobile devices using various operating systems, to reside on a server in the cloud by way of desktop virtualization, or to be a non-Windows machine running Apple or Linux.
To address this new environment, organizations need to look for specific capabilities when selecting their endpoint security solution. These include:
• The ability to have one product that can be used to protect a wide range of devices (Windows, MAC, Linux), work in virtualized environments, and deal with removable media
• Centralized management with remote administration that verifies protection, is used for compliance reporting, and saves IT resources.
• High level of performance. This includes a small footprint and fast scanning so as to not negatively impact on machine performance, while at the same time maintaining a high level of protection.
Forrester, Vice President - Jonathan Penn | ESET, Director of Technical Education - Randy Abrams
Trends such as mobility, Web 2.0, and consumerization are shattering traditional notions of IT control. As a result, IT security organizations are struggling to defend against a more formidable hacker adversary at a time when they have less visibility and control over their IT environment.
Forrester Research: Understanding and adapting to the New Threat Landscape
* What you need to know about the changing nature of the threat landscape
* Which long-held security principles are outdated, and which ones should be adhered to
* Where to invest to maximize the impact of your efforts while minimizing risk
ESET: The New Threatscape - What hasn't changed?
* Recognizing old attacks in the context of new technologies
* Addressing the constants; Security software, patch management, password management, encryption, education
What is the Cybersecurity Masters Series?
ESET's Cybersecurity Masters webinar series is designed to connect you with the experts. As an IT Security professional you will gain access to analysis and commentary from industry experts on the Cybersecurity front. Register now >>
Security is hard. Working with a security VAR doesn't have to be. At GalaxyTech International we focus on making your life easier. Simplified product offerings, professional services you can afford, and an attitude of service are how we do it. We want you so happy with our service, that you could never imagine working with anyone else!