EDRM webinar, "Outsourcing Everyday eDiscovery: Providers v Outside Counsel
Shimmy Messing, David Yerich, George Socha, Tom Gelbmann
About this talk
This webinar, sponsored by LexisNexis, will be a reprise of the third of three panel sessions at Legal Tech West Coast 2015.
The series - "Bringing Everyday eDiscovery In-house": “Everyday eDiscovery” may sound benign, but with dockets comprised mainly of small to medium matters, staggering amounts and types of ESI cropping up even in routine cases, and each outside law firm approaching eDiscovery differently, seemingly everyday eDiscovery can create serious risks and enormous cost overruns.
The speakers in this trio of webinars will they offer practical guidance on three sets of issues every organization considering bringing everyday eDiscovery in-house ought to address:
* Whether to bring the work in-house or outsource it;
* How to bring everyday eDiscovery in-house without disrupting business, or destroying internal and external relationships; and
* How to outsource eDiscovery without losing control over quality and consistency.
This webinar: For this webinar, "Outsourcing Everyday eDiscovery: Managed Services Providers Versus Outside Counsel," the speakers will focus on what to do once you have decided you want to outsource at least a portion of your everyday eDiscovery to someone else. Now you need to figure out who that will be and make sure it all works well for a price you can afford. Our panelists will enlighten you, discussing the key outsourcing options and exploring their pros and cons:
* How you decide to whom your everyday eDiscovery work should go;
* What factors to consider with establishing contractual relationships with outsourcers;
* Ways to manage the outsourcing relationships and work; and
* Practicing good information governance in an outsourcing structure.