Panacea is running a series of masterclasses to provide clarity on the complex world of cryptocurrency.
In June 2021, the FCA extended the temporary registrations regime for existing crypto asset businesses from 9 July 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Additionally, a recent Opinium poll showed that more than 90% of UK independent financial advisers would never recommend cryptocurrencies or meme stocks to their clients.
This series of webinars will enable you to:
- understand more about cryptocurrency
- competently answer questions raised by clients
- decide whether to embrace it as another asset class for your advised clients
Bridget Greenwood from The Bigger Pie will facilitate the sessions and be joined by several experts in the field to educate you further.
- Tax implications of activities in cryptoassets for UK Individuals
- How Recap can help your clients (and their accountant) calculate their tax position
- Succession planning with cryptoassets
- How to have a meaningful discussion with clients on crypto
Louise, an experienced cryptotax advisor with over 2.5 years’ experience advising clients in this area, will explain how cryptoassets are taxed for UK Individuals; including an overview of the complex ‘share matching’ rules applied for capital gains tax disposals.
Dan Howitt will showcase how Recap (privacy focused crypto software) can help your clients (and their accountant) calculate their tax position, track their portfolio for strategic financial planning purposes and estimate the tax on contemplated transactions.
Louise will then give a brief insight into succession planning considerations regarding cryptoassets, before summing up with her experiences advising crypto clients.