IT Governance – Finding Common Ground Using the COBIT Framework
Leslie Landry and Corjan Bast
About this talk
Whether it’s in audit, assurance, security, project management, or managing services, we all try to do our best at work. But in focusing on our areas of expertise, we often miss the interdependencies, and those interdependencies are the key to improving the integration and alignment of activities. This presentation provides insight into why enterprise-wide IT governance is necessary and how to begin your journey towards implementing one of the more widely used frameworks, COBIT.
Participants will learn about:
• The increasing importance of—and reliance on—technology and the effect on the organization when technology fails;
• How an IT governance framework can improve business outcomes, reduce risk, and help the organization spend wisely;
• How IT governance is used across the globe;
• The different roles within an organization (i.e., audit, risk management, project management, information security, etc.) and how they work within IT governance, especially to bridge the many gaps that exist between departments; and
• Ways to initiate and support the creation of a culture that embraces IT governance.