The Art of Enhancing the Customer Experience using Personalisation
Personalisation is the latest trend within email marketing and with good reason - it delivers the goods. However, the reason behind its success is not what you may think. In this must-attend session, Kath Pay, CEO of Holistic Email Marketing de-mystifies personalisation and reveals that contrary to popular opinion, personalisation should not in fact be our objective, but instead it should be to deliver a great customer experience using personalisation as a strategy to achieve this.
This session will be packed full of practical tips and advice on not only how to achieve a better customer experience using personalisation, but will also demonstrate as to why it's so powerful. Beware though - you may well be pleasantly surprised at the many ways to achieve personalised emails beyond product recommendations!
RecordedAug 22 201746 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
The unknowns of this year’s holiday shopping season are plenty. But while the pandemic has impacted consumer confidence and turned retail shopping upside down, we do know that consumers will be spending for the holidays… no matter what. With more online demand than ever before you may be wondering how to tackle customer loyalty and churn, and make your campaigns jingle and delight, all the way to the Holidays.
In this discussion you’ll learn how to leverage personalisation and make your festive campaigns more compelling. We’ll help you demystify how to engage with your customers with more relevant messaging across all channels. If you’re wondering how to apply seasonal segmentation strategies, get your lifecycle mapping looking elf-ier, or up-level your dynamic content we’ve got you covered.
Plus our little helpers have secured a handful of signed copies of Kath Pay’s soon-to-launch book “Holistic Email Marketing: A practical philosophy to revolutionise your business and delight your customers” to give away to 20 of our lucky webinar attendees, so make sure you register today to be in with a chance to get your hands on Kath's book.
During this webinar:
- Marketing guru, Kath Pay will share peak season trends and provide quick wins that you can implement into your holiday campaigns from today
- Product marketing expert, Jeffrey Vocell will discuss the importance of personalised marketing campaigns and how to leverage these during the festive season
- Email expert, Kait Creamer, will also be sharing real life examples of Peak Season campaigns and top tips for your cross-channel marketing strategy.
Join us on Thursday 15th October 2020 and learn how to use personalisation to win this holiday season with Holistic Email Marketing, and Iterable.
We Ho-Ho-Hope to see you there!
A recording will be available immediately after the session is finished, so if you're not available at the time, sign up and watch them at your leisure
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Will Devlin, and Lea Palomba
Season 1, Episode 9
Join us for this panel on Email Tactics to Increase Conversions, with moderator Adeola Sole & Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Lea Palomba, formerly of Monster & Ebay, and Will Devlin of Message Gears.
As usual, there’s lots of laughing in the midst of all the valuable insights shared by the expert panellists. We felt as though we didn’t even get started on this topic, as there’s so much to discuss and debate! But, we made a very good start with the topics below being some of the ones we discussed.
Oh, and look out for an almost-guest appearance by Will’s dog.
● How important testing is when it comes to increasing conversions and identifying tactics that work
● Why it’s well worth testing to gain learnings and not just determine a winning version
● The elements to test that will give you the biggest impact. And how if you use a hypothesis, you can test multiple elements within the same test
● There is always a learning to be taken from a test even if it’s not statistically significant
● Are all conversions the same?
● Why it’s important to stay focused on the objective of the email as this will inform the subject line, the CTA’s, the metrics to be measured.
● What the best metric is to use to measure success
● The pluses and minuses of using Incentives
● And much more!
Kath Pay and Gretchen Scheiman, Vice President of Marketing, Sailthru & Liveclicker
The Holiday Season is fast-approaching and this year is set to be incredibly competitive, with predictions of record number of retailers vying for their wallet-share of the market. What are you going to do? How can you ensure you are ahead of the game in this unprecented and crazy year of 2020? Be helpful, personalise and optimise, using AI and machine learning to work smarter.
It’s not as scary, complicated or intense as you think.
In this must-watch webinar, long time industry thought leaders Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and Gretchen Scheiman of Liveclicker & Sailthru, discuss the insights gained from a survey of marketers on artificial intelligence and machine learning. Once only the province of enterprise-level experiments, today they power many of the marketing automation and personalisation platforms available to a wide range of marketers.
But what do email, and CRM marketers think about artificial intelligence and machine learning? Well, they’re scared by it to start, but are they using it for greater efficiency on the back end and higher customer response on the front end, and are they satisfied with their results? Or, are they taking a “wait and see” approach and how will that look this Holiday Season?
These are two of the questions this report will answer along with actionable advice on how to narrow the gap between theory and use based on the findings in a survey of UK email and CRM marketers and marketing managers, conducted earlier this year by Sailthru, Liveclicker and Holistic Email Marketing.
Join us for this panel on Realtime-Personalisation, with moderator Adeola Sole & Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Corrina Cohen of Caleres and Gretchen Scheiman of Liveclicker.
This must be a hot topic as we had more questions for the audience than we had time for. In today's panel amongst lots of great examples and inspiration from Caleres and Liveclicker, we discussed the following:
* The difference between personalisation and real-time personalisation
* Why is real-time personalisation ubiquitous on sites etc but relatively rare in email marketing- why is this?
* Data silos can prove to be problematic with real-time personalisation. Do CDP's assist with this?
* Workarounds for achieving personalisation with limitations in budget and technology
* How to get started with real-time personalisation and how to pitch for budget and resource for it
* Real-time personalisation examples within the customer’s lifecycle
* What KPIs should we be looking at?
Join us for this Q&A panel on Helpful Marketing, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email, Kait Creamer of Framer & Elliot Ross of Taxi for Email.
Wow! What an informative panel this was - on a very intriguing topic. Helpful Marketing (a subset of Customer Experience Marketing) can be somewhat elusive in nature when trying to pin it down. In today's panel we discussed the following, including revealing some great examples of Helpful Marketing:
What is the definition of Helpful Marketing?
How do I begin with changing over to Helpful marketing? Do I need new technology for it?
Why changing your mindset and starting with your strategy is the best way to begin
Where's the line between helpful and overbearing?
How you can help your company to embrace the concept of Helpful Marketing
Adeola Sole, Skip Fidura, Keith Reinhardt & Andreanna Ditton
Join us for this panel on List Growth, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Keith Reinhardt of FreshAddress & Andreanna Ditton of Internet Brands, and Skip Fidura.
So much to discuss in such a short time! Well we managed to tackle some beauties in this panel Q&A - seriously well worth a watch.
Topics discussed included:
* How DOI, validation and verification work together
* How to optimise your form on your website
* Buying lists - is it a good idea?
* Can you email those who haven’t confirmed their email addresses? If so, when and how?
* How Covid has affected Ecommerce (increased volumes, new customers, increased traffic etc) and was to do about it
* How to choose a lead-gen provider
* Is it quality over quantity or vice versa?
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Mike Austin & Mia Papanicolaou
Join us for this live Q&A panel on Email Personalisation, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email, Mike Austin of FreshRelevance & Mia Papanicolaou of Striata
To many marketers, personalisation is still new and a little scary. A few have mastered it, but the majority are still just finding out how best to use it, and technology and its outputs being incredibly varied, can make it quite challenging.
Our Q&A addressed many commonly asked questions, plus gave quite a few tips and solid advice for the implementation of personalisation.
Topics discussed included:
• What is it about personalisation that makes it a must-have?
• How personalisation enhances the customer experience, throughout the customer journey
• Why you need to take a holistic approach with this and not just personalise email but the whole journey
• Is personalisation the objective or the tactic?
• How transactional and lifecycle emails are innately personalised as they’re based on actions or intent, and are an easy first step to achieving personalisation
• Why transactional emails need to belong with marketing
• How and where to start personalising
…and much more!
You can also read Mia's digest of the session over on the Striata blog! (https://www.striata.com/posts/effective-email-personalization/)
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Skip Fidura and Nancy Weaver
Email & More… Email Metrics with Adeola Sole of Holistic Email, Nancy Weaver of LexisNexis, Skip Fidura and Kath Pay of Holistic Email.
Episode 4, Tuesday 28th July 2020
Get ready for some stimulating and sometimes almost heated discussion on email metrics. With some incredibly exciting (well, Kath found them to be exciting) questions from the audience, we’re sure you’ll walk away with some food for thought after watching this highly engaging panel Q&A.
Topics discussed include:
• The ‘must-measure’ metric
• Difficulty of measuring some metrics
• Why we tend to measure open rates as a key metric
• How do you measure conversion rate?
• Why ESP’s measure their open rates differently and the confusion it can cause
• Under-attribution of email marketing and the factors that contribute to this dilemma
• The problems with email being such as high
• Why focusing on your objective is key to knowing what metrics to measure
• How Covid-19 has affected email and its metrics
• Whether email is being seen as a star throughout Covid-19
• How long should we measure a campaign for?
• Has Covid-19 affected our strategies at all?
• ….and more!
“Great presenters – great content – a lot to think about. Thank you for making this available.”
Adeola Sole, Sharna Sommerville, Annette Evans & Lisa Jones
Join us for this ground-breaking panel on The Forgotten Women – Being Black in Email, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Sharna Sommerville of Movable Ink, Annette Evans of GPS, and Lisa Jones of Eyemail.
Topics discussed include:
- Whether Black women should continue to work for change and growth within companies, or should they go the entrepreneur route to avoid limitations placed on them?
- The ongoing effort in always having to defend your competency as a professional, as it’s always being questioned
- The need for Black women to being included within the C-Suits, and not just as being a Director of Diversity
- Being given less empathy for situations than others within the office
- The ongoing challenge of whether to speak up for yourself and risk your job or position, or stay silent and safe
- The enforced job-hopping in order to get the position and pay you deserve, as internal routes often do not allow for growth and progress through the ranks.
- The inability to be authentic and true to themselves, and the need to be more ‘Caucasian’
In this fun, informative & insightful panel moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing, quizzes expert panellists; Kath Pay, CEO of Holistic Email Marketing, Mark Ash, CEO of Pure360, and Ryan Phelan, CEO of Origin Email all about Email Lifecycle Marketing,
When you bring 3 CEO’s, with a combined 60 plus years’ experience in email marketing, we were sure some gems would surface, and we weren’t disappointed.
Topics discussed include:
How lifecycle marketing is a form of personalisation
Where do you start when implementing lifecycle programmes
How you test your lifecycle programmes, and why you want to test them
What you can do during this Covid period where you may be lacking in behavioural data
How and when is best to ask your subscribers for more information
How best to start within minimal budget, a small team and no spare time or resources
How helpful marketing or the utilitarian approach can help both you and your customer
The different way to personalise and whether you need a tech team to personalise
Join us for this discussion on Achieving Black Diversity in Email Marketing. Disturbingly, this is the first panel made up of only back panellists in email marketing, as well as it being the first time this topic has been discussed on a platform within the email industry.
Join panellists Dela Quist of Alchemy Worx, Gavin Laugenie of dotDigital, and Adeola Sole of Holistic Email, as they broach the subject of black diversity in email marketing and share their own experiences.
Due to the sensitive and personal nature of this topic, we won't be having live Q&A during this session. If you would like to pose a question, please send it to email@example.com in advance.
Welcome to Holistic Live! Together @Home May 6th 2020
With COVID-19 completely changing our daily lives, marketers are finding it a challenge to connect with their customers in a meaningful way. Now, more than ever, it's important for each of us to communicate with empathy, be more thoughtful with our messaging and offer help to one another in the current times.
Join us for a free event in the comfort of your home, as our experts share how to elevate the cross-channel customer experience, increase loyalty and maximise ROI.
Learn from some of the industry's finest email marketers. Lea Palomba, formerly of Ebay, will join Holistic Email Marketing's Founder/CEO Kath Pay, and Eloise Shuttleworth from Iterable, to discuss how you can take your email lifecycle from "business as usual" to truly customer-focused and how that will generate better results for your email marketing programmes.
The event begins with a warm welcome by your host, Adeola Sole of Holistic Email, then followed by three expert presentations. You'll then have time to quiz our experts afterwards in the panel discussion and Q&A, to find out how you can make lifecycle marketing work in your own email programme.
Recordings will be available immediately after the session is finished, so if you're not available at the time, sign up and watch them at your leisure!
Be sure to sign up to the live panel session consisting of all the speakers as well!
According to this year’s Econsultancy’s Email Marketing Census, 22% of email marketers state they will focus on campaign optimisation & testing. Yet, many marketers perform tests based on misinformation and could potentially be optimising for the wrong result.
So are you just testing for the sake of testing? Or are your A/B and multivariate strategies truly moving the needle?
Join Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and Tom Ricards of Fresh Relevance to find out the 5 most common mistakes made and be inspired by a showcase of meaningful tests that drove great results.
In this must-watch webinar, Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and Daniel Meck of Moosend, will build the case for easily delivering personalised emails using insights & automations. Attending this webinar will not only inspire you but also empower you to deliver these powerful customer experiences to your subscribers and customers.
Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, and Bram Smits of Tripolis
Join Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and Bram Smits of Tripolis as they cover the state of play in email vendor use and satisfaction among email marketers around the world.
Kath (CEO and founder, Holistic Email Marketing) and Bram (CEO, Tripolis) will discuss the surprising implications of their joint research study, Email Marketing Vendor Satisfaction. They'll cover these and other findings:
•Which categories of email service providers (small-medium, medium-enterprise or suite vendors) have more satisfied users
•Which tools and services their ESPs provide marketers actually use
•How marketers are adopting new technology like AI
•Which tools, services plug-ins are most popular
•Whether business strategy factors into technology decision-making – if at all.
Download your free copy of Email Marketing Vendor Satisfaction in advance and join the discussion with your own questions and comments.
Reserve your spot today! If you can't attend the live discussion, don't worry – we'll send you a link to the recorded version.
Kath Pay (Holistic Email Marketing) & Dave Holland (Liveclicker)
Customer Experience Email Marketing (CX Email Marketing) is a balanced approach to email marketing in which brands achieve their goals and objectives by helping customers achieve theirs. It shouldn't be a radical notion, but a quick glance through the inbox will reveal message after message fails to ask one simple question: "How can we help you today?"
Join this webinar to:
Discover how Retail and Travel brands are currently faring with each CX Email Marketing pillar: Helpfulness, Personalisation & Customer-focused
Learn how to leverage the three pillars of CX Email Marketing & deliver more engaging and valuable emails
Be inspired by some great examples of emails that are delivering CX Email Marketing well
Based on the joint Holistic Email Marketing & Liveclicker Research Report: Customer Experience Email Marketing: Getting Ahead of the Consumer
Trying to grow your email list? No matter what you are doing to get the attention of your prospects, in the end, it all comes down to your email address capture form… is it performing as well as it could? Volunteer your form for critique.
Kath and Austin will provide you with live analysis and constructive suggestions on how to immediately improve the quantity and quality of the email addresses you are capturing. They'll also talk through best practices, target metrics, error messages, confirmation pages, and more! All attendees will leave with great takeaways to immediately improve the quantity and quality of email addresses they are capturing.
To submit your site, email us at Marketing@freshaddress.com
In January 2018 we subscribed to emails from 80 different retail brands of all sizes, markets and name-brand familiarity and put all the findings together in a 30 page report written by Kath Pay, in partnership with Pure360 (our guest brand*)
This webinar will discuss the insights discovered within the report plus :
-Hear expert advice from Komal Helyer of Pure 360 and Kath Pay of Holistic Email
-Learn from these findings, to help you shape and plan your forms in readiness for GDPR
-Be equipped with ideas to test to ensure that your list will grow beyond May 2018
About the speakers:
Kath Pay, founder of Holistic Email Marketing - Kath lives and breathes email marketing, with over 18 years email marketing experience, and 10 years on the UK DMA Email Marketing Council, she is regarded as an industry thought leader. Kath is a leading email marketing speaker and trainer and recognised as a top international email marketing thought leader.
Komal Helyer, Head of Marketing at Pure360 With over 18 years of email and digital experience, Komal has a deep understanding of marketing strategy, a marketer's needs and how that translates into the use of marketing technology. She leads the Pure360 marketing team with a focus on market positioning, market growth strategies and customer lifecycle marketing.
David Daniels, CEO & Founder, The Relevancy Group | @EmailDaniels
Join Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, and esteemed marketing industry analyst David Daniels, as he shares new research, tactics and strategies to improve the customer experience and relevance. David will review several new innovations and technologies and discuss their effectiveness.
David’s presentation and discussion will address the following:
• Data utilization in email marketing and the efficacy of real time data
• Individual targeting and the rise of People Based Marketing and its role in email marketing
• The impact of machine learning and other artificial intelligence technology on email marketing
• Innovations in mobile utilization to drive mobile app usage
• The challenges and opportunities of utilizing embedding video in email
David will also take your questions and offer access to research reports available for download.
About David Daniels – CEO & Founder, The Relevancy Group
Follow David on Twitter @emaildaniels Learn more at www.relevancygroup.com
As CEO of The Relevancy Group, David directs market research and advisory services essential to digital marketing. Direct Magazine said David is “one of the most influential experts in email marketing, if not the most influential.” Co-author of ‘Email Marketing An Hour A Day’, David has held senior level positions at Forrester, JupiterResearch, Apple, Anthropologie and other top brands. In 2017 David was named Email Marketer Thought Leader of the Year by the eec/DMA. David is also the Publisher and Founder of The Marketer Quarterly a digital magazine for marketers by marketers available for free with registration at www.marketerquarterly.com or via the MQ App on Apple, Google and Amazon.