Welcome to Holistic Live! Together @Home May 6th 2020
With COVID-19 completely changing our daily lives, marketers are finding it a challenge to connect with their customers in a meaningful way. Now, more than ever, it's important for each of us to communicate with empathy, be more thoughtful with our messaging and offer help to one another in the current times.
Join us for a free event in the comfort of your home, as our experts share how to elevate the cross-channel customer experience, increase loyalty and maximise ROI.
Learn from some of the industry's finest email marketers. Lea Palomba, formerly of Ebay, will join Holistic Email Marketing's Founder/CEO Kath Pay, and Eloise Shuttleworth from Iterable, to discuss how you can take your email lifecycle from "business as usual" to truly customer-focused and how that will generate better results for your email marketing programmes.
The event begins with a warm welcome by your host, Adeola Sole of Holistic Email, then followed by three expert presentations. You'll then have time to quiz our experts afterwards in the panel discussion and Q&A, to find out how you can make lifecycle marketing work in your own email programme.
Recordings will be available immediately after the session is finished, so if you're not available at the time, sign up and watch them at your leisure!
Be sure to sign up to the live panel session consisting of all the speakers as well!
RecordedMay 6 2020109 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Skip Fidura, Janet Roberts, Nick Warren, and Kath Pay
Join us for this panel on copywriting for email with moderator Skip Fidura and expert panellists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, and professional copywriters Janet Roberts of Content by Janet Roberts, and Nick Warren of Stories Mean Business, both professional copywriters who will bring their unique experiences to the discussion. This means you will get the low-down on how best to write copy.
Adeola Sole, Samantha Iodice, Kait Creamer, Alexander Bjerkendahl, and Kath Pay
Join us for this panel on Lifecycle Marketing for Email with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, Samantha Iodice of The Sauce Experience, Kait Creamer of Framer, and Alexander Bjerkendahl of Delivery Hero.
Adeola Sole, Joanne Crawford, Dan Jak, Philip Johnson, and Kath Pay
Join us for this panel on Vendor Selection for CRM Tools with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, Joanne Crawford of Pandora, Dan Jak formerly of British Gas and Dixons, and Philip Johnson of Iterable.
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Tim Watson, Alice Cornell, and Ryan Phelan
Episode 14, Tuesday 15th December 2020.
Join us for this panel on Email Deliverability, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, Tim Watson from Zettasphere, and Alice Cornell of Change.org, with a special appearance from Ryan Phelan.
Adeola Sole, Andrew Kordek, Daniel Meck, and Kath Pay
Episode 13, Tuesday 1st December 2020.
Join us for this panel on Email A/B Testing with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, Daniel Meck of Moosend, and Andrew Kordek of iPost.
Questions addressed include:
- How do you see your clients using A/B testing?
- What is the main component of a/b testing most marketers are not doing?
- What sort of things can you split test?
- How many subscribers do you need to do a split test?
Adeola Sole, April Mullen, Samantha Iodice, and Kath Pay
Join us for this panel on Innovations in Email, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, April Mullen of Sparkpost, and Samantha Iodice of The Sauce Experience.
Questions addressed include:
- Does innovation need to be technical?
- Trialling a new and shiny technology (what is the benefit to the customer?)
- Are email marketers not able to innovate as much as other marketers because they're overworked and under resourced?
- AMP adoption and "competing" Outlook version, twice the work for the email marketer.
- What's the email innovation for 2020/21 that excites the panellists most?
- Have marketers really internalised empathy, or is it due to the shared 2020 experience?
- Helpful marketing
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday, "Shipageddon", and the Rise of the local, small shops
- Key tips to move forward in the new year for innovations
Adeola Sole, Annet Forcier, John Thies, and Kath Pay
Episode 11, Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Join us for this panel on Email & Landing Page Design, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, John Thies of Email on Acid and Annett Forcier of EmailBoutique Digital.
The conversation covered the following points and so much more!
- There's more to email design when it comes to designing emails.
- Email, a push channel, is a catalyst to conversion, not necessarily a direct converter.
- Are there workarounds for an email team when the website team don't have landing pages available?
- Real world examples from clients and personal favourite brands.
- Tips for creating new landing pages frequently
- Using Master Templates to vary the design from email to email or landing page while retaining the design and objective.
- Psychology design cues in email; Working with limited colour pallets and CTA hierarchy.
- Number one tips to give marketers for email design...
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Ricardas Montvila, and Karen Talavera
Episode 10, Tuesday 20th October 2020
Join us for this panel on Email Strategy with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing, Ricardas Montvila of MAPP, and Karen Talavera of Synchronicity Marketing.
The unknowns of this year’s holiday shopping season are plenty. But while the pandemic has impacted consumer confidence and turned retail shopping upside down, we do know that consumers will be spending for the holidays… no matter what. With more online demand than ever before you may be wondering how to tackle customer loyalty and churn, and make your campaigns jingle and delight, all the way to the Holidays.
In this discussion you’ll learn how to leverage personalisation and make your festive campaigns more compelling. We’ll help you demystify how to engage with your customers with more relevant messaging across all channels. If you’re wondering how to apply seasonal segmentation strategies, get your lifecycle mapping looking elf-ier, or up-level your dynamic content we’ve got you covered.
Plus our little helpers have secured a handful of signed copies of Kath Pay’s soon-to-launch book “Holistic Email Marketing: A practical philosophy to revolutionise your business and delight your customers” to give away to 20 of our lucky webinar attendees, so make sure you register today to be in with a chance to get your hands on Kath's book.
During this webinar:
- Marketing guru, Kath Pay will share peak season trends and provide quick wins that you can implement into your holiday campaigns from today
- Product marketing expert, Jeffrey Vocell will discuss the importance of personalised marketing campaigns and how to leverage these during the festive season
- Email expert, Kait Creamer, will also be sharing real life examples of Peak Season campaigns and top tips for your cross-channel marketing strategy.
Join us on Thursday 15th October 2020 and learn how to use personalisation to win this holiday season with Holistic Email Marketing, and Iterable.
We Ho-Ho-Hope to see you there!
A recording will be available immediately after the session is finished, so if you're not available at the time, sign up and watch them at your leisure
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Will Devlin, and Lea Palomba
Season 1, Episode 9
Join us for this panel on Email Tactics to Increase Conversions, with moderator Adeola Sole & Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Lea Palomba, formerly of Monster & Ebay, and Will Devlin of Message Gears.
As usual, there’s lots of laughing in the midst of all the valuable insights shared by the expert panellists. We felt as though we didn’t even get started on this topic, as there’s so much to discuss and debate! But, we made a very good start with the topics below being some of the ones we discussed.
Oh, and look out for an almost-guest appearance by Will’s dog.
● How important testing is when it comes to increasing conversions and identifying tactics that work
● Why it’s well worth testing to gain learnings and not just determine a winning version
● The elements to test that will give you the biggest impact. And how if you use a hypothesis, you can test multiple elements within the same test
● There is always a learning to be taken from a test even if it’s not statistically significant
● Are all conversions the same?
● Why it’s important to stay focused on the objective of the email as this will inform the subject line, the CTA’s, the metrics to be measured.
● What the best metric is to use to measure success
● The pluses and minuses of using Incentives
● And much more!
Kath Pay and Gretchen Scheiman, Vice President of Marketing, Sailthru & Liveclicker
The Holiday Season is fast-approaching and this year is set to be incredibly competitive, with predictions of record number of retailers vying for their wallet-share of the market. What are you going to do? How can you ensure you are ahead of the game in this unprecented and crazy year of 2020? Be helpful, personalise and optimise, using AI and machine learning to work smarter.
It’s not as scary, complicated or intense as you think.
In this must-watch webinar, long time industry thought leaders Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and Gretchen Scheiman of Liveclicker & Sailthru, discuss the insights gained from a survey of marketers on artificial intelligence and machine learning. Once only the province of enterprise-level experiments, today they power many of the marketing automation and personalisation platforms available to a wide range of marketers.
But what do email, and CRM marketers think about artificial intelligence and machine learning? Well, they’re scared by it to start, but are they using it for greater efficiency on the back end and higher customer response on the front end, and are they satisfied with their results? Or, are they taking a “wait and see” approach and how will that look this Holiday Season?
These are two of the questions this report will answer along with actionable advice on how to narrow the gap between theory and use based on the findings in a survey of UK email and CRM marketers and marketing managers, conducted earlier this year by Sailthru, Liveclicker and Holistic Email Marketing.
Join us for this panel on Realtime-Personalisation, with moderator Adeola Sole & Kath Pay of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Corrina Cohen of Caleres and Gretchen Scheiman of Liveclicker.
This must be a hot topic as we had more questions for the audience than we had time for. In today's panel amongst lots of great examples and inspiration from Caleres and Liveclicker, we discussed the following:
* The difference between personalisation and real-time personalisation
* Why is real-time personalisation ubiquitous on sites etc but relatively rare in email marketing- why is this?
* Data silos can prove to be problematic with real-time personalisation. Do CDP's assist with this?
* Workarounds for achieving personalisation with limitations in budget and technology
* How to get started with real-time personalisation and how to pitch for budget and resource for it
* Real-time personalisation examples within the customer’s lifecycle
* What KPIs should we be looking at?
Join us for this Q&A panel on Helpful Marketing, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email, Kait Creamer of Framer & Elliot Ross of Taxi for Email.
Wow! What an informative panel this was - on a very intriguing topic. Helpful Marketing (a subset of Customer Experience Marketing) can be somewhat elusive in nature when trying to pin it down. In today's panel we discussed the following, including revealing some great examples of Helpful Marketing:
What is the definition of Helpful Marketing?
How do I begin with changing over to Helpful marketing? Do I need new technology for it?
Why changing your mindset and starting with your strategy is the best way to begin
Where's the line between helpful and overbearing?
How you can help your company to embrace the concept of Helpful Marketing
Adeola Sole, Skip Fidura, Keith Reinhardt & Andreanna Ditton
Join us for this panel on List Growth, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Keith Reinhardt of FreshAddress & Andreanna Ditton of Internet Brands, and Skip Fidura.
So much to discuss in such a short time! Well we managed to tackle some beauties in this panel Q&A - seriously well worth a watch.
Topics discussed included:
* How DOI, validation and verification work together
* How to optimise your form on your website
* Buying lists - is it a good idea?
* Can you email those who haven’t confirmed their email addresses? If so, when and how?
* How Covid has affected Ecommerce (increased volumes, new customers, increased traffic etc) and was to do about it
* How to choose a lead-gen provider
* Is it quality over quantity or vice versa?
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Mike Austin & Mia Papanicolaou
Join us for this live Q&A panel on Email Personalisation, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Kath Pay of Holistic Email, Mike Austin of FreshRelevance & Mia Papanicolaou of Striata
To many marketers, personalisation is still new and a little scary. A few have mastered it, but the majority are still just finding out how best to use it, and technology and its outputs being incredibly varied, can make it quite challenging.
Our Q&A addressed many commonly asked questions, plus gave quite a few tips and solid advice for the implementation of personalisation.
Topics discussed included:
• What is it about personalisation that makes it a must-have?
• How personalisation enhances the customer experience, throughout the customer journey
• Why you need to take a holistic approach with this and not just personalise email but the whole journey
• Is personalisation the objective or the tactic?
• How transactional and lifecycle emails are innately personalised as they’re based on actions or intent, and are an easy first step to achieving personalisation
• Why transactional emails need to belong with marketing
• How and where to start personalising
…and much more!
You can also read Mia's digest of the session over on the Striata blog! (https://www.striata.com/posts/effective-email-personalization/)
Adeola Sole, Kath Pay, Skip Fidura and Nancy Weaver
Email & More… Email Metrics with Adeola Sole of Holistic Email, Nancy Weaver of LexisNexis, Skip Fidura and Kath Pay of Holistic Email.
Episode 4, Tuesday 28th July 2020
Get ready for some stimulating and sometimes almost heated discussion on email metrics. With some incredibly exciting (well, Kath found them to be exciting) questions from the audience, we’re sure you’ll walk away with some food for thought after watching this highly engaging panel Q&A.
Topics discussed include:
• The ‘must-measure’ metric
• Difficulty of measuring some metrics
• Why we tend to measure open rates as a key metric
• How do you measure conversion rate?
• Why ESP’s measure their open rates differently and the confusion it can cause
• Under-attribution of email marketing and the factors that contribute to this dilemma
• The problems with email being such as high
• Why focusing on your objective is key to knowing what metrics to measure
• How Covid-19 has affected email and its metrics
• Whether email is being seen as a star throughout Covid-19
• How long should we measure a campaign for?
• Has Covid-19 affected our strategies at all?
• ….and more!
“Great presenters – great content – a lot to think about. Thank you for making this available.”
Adeola Sole, Sharna Sommerville, Annette Evans & Lisa Jones
Join us for this ground-breaking panel on The Forgotten Women – Being Black in Email, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panellists; Sharna Sommerville of Movable Ink, Annette Evans of GPS, and Lisa Jones of Eyemail.
Topics discussed include:
- Whether Black women should continue to work for change and growth within companies, or should they go the entrepreneur route to avoid limitations placed on them?
- The ongoing effort in always having to defend your competency as a professional, as it’s always being questioned
- The need for Black women to being included within the C-Suits, and not just as being a Director of Diversity
- Being given less empathy for situations than others within the office
- The ongoing challenge of whether to speak up for yourself and risk your job or position, or stay silent and safe
- The enforced job-hopping in order to get the position and pay you deserve, as internal routes often do not allow for growth and progress through the ranks.
- The inability to be authentic and true to themselves, and the need to be more ‘Caucasian’
In this fun, informative & insightful panel moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing, quizzes expert panellists; Kath Pay, CEO of Holistic Email Marketing, Mark Ash, CEO of Pure360, and Ryan Phelan, CEO of Origin Email all about Email Lifecycle Marketing,
When you bring 3 CEO’s, with a combined 60 plus years’ experience in email marketing, we were sure some gems would surface, and we weren’t disappointed.
Topics discussed include:
How lifecycle marketing is a form of personalisation
Where do you start when implementing lifecycle programmes
How you test your lifecycle programmes, and why you want to test them
What you can do during this Covid period where you may be lacking in behavioural data
How and when is best to ask your subscribers for more information
How best to start within minimal budget, a small team and no spare time or resources
How helpful marketing or the utilitarian approach can help both you and your customer
The different way to personalise and whether you need a tech team to personalise
Join us for this discussion on Achieving Black Diversity in Email Marketing. Disturbingly, this is the first panel made up of only back panellists in email marketing, as well as it being the first time this topic has been discussed on a platform within the email industry.
Join panellists Dela Quist of Alchemy Worx, Gavin Laugenie of dotDigital, and Adeola Sole of Holistic Email, as they broach the subject of black diversity in email marketing and share their own experiences.
Due to the sensitive and personal nature of this topic, we won't be having live Q&A during this session. If you would like to pose a question, please send it to email@example.com in advance.