MuleSoft expert and Principal Solution Architect Brett Roeder provides an overview of the broad set of capabilities available out of the box with Anypoint Platform that will enable business agility and create better experiences for your customers. These capabilities uniquely enable reuse, self-service, composability, governance and security. Infused throughout Brett’s demo are best practices for designing, building,and managing both APIs and integrations to deliver projects 3x faster.
RecordedJun 27 201357 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Richard Sey, Head of Development Operations (DevOps), Siemens Energy Management; Mark Daly, Client Architect, MuleSoft
With their unique position at the centre of an organization, Architects can play a pivotal role to usher digital evolution and transformation in-line with business and IT objectives, including the adoption of Agile, DevOps and other disruptive paradigms.
Join Richard Sey, Head of Development Operations (DevOps), Siemens Energy Management, and Mark Daly, Client Architect, MuleSoft, on January 18 at 10am (GMT) for a live webinar as they look at the key role of the Architect in achieving the new IT Operating model. It will cover:
- A working example from Siemens Energy Management on how they have realised the new IT Operating Model from a business and Architect's perspective to drive operational efficiency, cutting development time by half
- A view of Enterprise Architecture and DevOps from a leader in the field
- What an organization needs to support delivery of the new IT Operating Model, including the creation of a Centre for Enablement (C4E), which has reduced dependency on Central IT in the Lines of Business at Siemens by 25%
Danny Eng, Enterprise Integration Architect, Coca-Cola; Jag Ramaswamy, Enterprise Integration Lead, Coca-Cola
Just a few years ago, The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) was completely on-premises, looking for a way to move toward their cloud-first strategy. Watch TCCC’s presentation from MuleSoft’s Atlanta Summit to learn Coke’s journey with MuleSoft starting from evaluation to how they are currently taking an API-led approach to integration. With this, Coke is now creating great customer experiences and enabling their sales force to continue to lead through innovation.
Attendees will learn how TCCC is using MuleSoft to:
- Implement a microservices architecture
- Automate release management to accelerate time to production
- Move from a COE to a Center for Enablement (C4E) to maximize reuse
This will be a demo on how to best organize projects when developing multi-tier APIs, and how to best organize the process. This will allow developers to write the most efficient code and reuse the same patterns to be consistent.
We will demo a number of advanced tips and tricks for Mule developers, including:
- how to construct a multi-module Maven project
- conditional imports based on environment
- creating a separate resources project. It's intended to contain resources and - schemas shared across multiple APIs
Andrew Davey, Solutions Consultant at MuleSoft; Aaron Landgraf, Senior Product Marketing Manager at MuleSoft
Creating an API strategy and a DevOps practice have become critical competencies for modern IT teams. When successfully implemented, 94% of IT leaders confirm they can deliver products and services to market faster. In this demo-driven webinar, we'll show where these competencies intersect and how leading organizations are using them to move from concept to production code in weeks instead of months or years.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Design and mock an API enabling a design-first approach
- Implement test driven development in Anypoint Studio with MUnit
- Publish the API in GitHub to drive parallel development with teammates
- Create and share a developer portal in Exchange to enable self-service consumption
- Package and deploy the API with Maven and Jenkins
- Control and automate API lifecycle activities with Anypoint CLI
Matt Serna; Nial Darbey; Joydip Homchowdhury; Jon Duke; Steve Rushing
In the United States, the Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for providing healthcare and other services for over 21 million veterans. Currently, veteran data and health records are housed in a variety of distinct, complex systems, each holding discrete records of veteran interactions with military, community, and VA health teams.
The Digital Health Platform (DHP) strategy, developed in partnership with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), calls for a cloud-based technology platform integrating Veteran data from VA, military and commercial electronic health records (EHRs), applications, devices and wearables to a Veteran’s healthcare team in real-time.
Delivering on their vision required the adoption of a composable architecture, using APIs to abstract away complexity from EHRs into discrete units of business capabilities, represented via microservices. In this webinar, the DHP team will present methodology and technology insights drawn from the public-private collaboration that built the proof-of-concept, and share the role MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform helping enable this vision.
Attendees will learn:
- Why EHRs on their own are insufficient to meet modern interoperability requirements
- How APIs can be used to unlock and orchestrate healthcare data for cloud application consumption
- Why microservices can increase IT agility for both government agencies and private sector companies
- How the Digital Health Platform leverages MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform to improve care delivery for veterans
- What organizations outside healthcare or government can learn from this digital transformation approach
The mandate for applications to change is nothing new. Pushing those changes from design to production in hours, however, is something traditional software delivery models can't handle. DevOps practices have emerged as a viable approach to enabling this speed with quality for increased application performance and better architectures.
In this webinar, we will highlight how DevOps practices and tooling can be applied with Anypoint Platform when implementing and managing an API.
Attendees will learn:
- How (and why) to create a DevOps pipeline with Anypoint Platform
- Setting up a Maven project in Anypoint Studio
- Connecting Mule projects with a Git repository
- Creating automated tests with MUnit and JUnit
- Deploying Mule applications automatically with Jenkins
The emergence of FinTech represents both an influx of new Financial Services industry entrants as well as a fundamental disruption in the banking and FinServ value chain. In areas as diverse as payments and lending, the digital transformation of financial technology is challenging long-established business processes as global consumers embrace innovative new service conveniences.
It is not surprising therefore that today’s most savvy banking leaders seek to future proof their business through new customer-centric products and service offerings. And within this hyper-competitive business environment, IT professionals are under increasing pressure to deliver nimble new approaches to meet these requirements more quickly.
Attend this webinar to learn how leading banks are responding to this challenge by leveraging Open APIs to create new revenue models and realize business benefits.
Join us and explore:
- How the financial services value chain has changed, and what that means for information technology and security
- How can banks leverage compliance obligations, like PSD2, as an opportunity to move towards Open Banking
- Why existing development and delivery approaches are no longer fit for purpose
- David Chao, Head of Industry Solutions, MuleSoft
- Isabel Viegas, EMEA Financial Services Lead, Amazon Web Services
- Jeroen Hölscher, Head Global Payments & Cards Practice, Capgemini
Jason Goodwill, Solutions Architect, Saint-Gobain; Andrew Davey, Solutions Consultant, MuleSoft
How can you take minutes, not weeks, to develop projects and detect and fix issues? For Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s top 100 companies and a leader in Building Distribution and Construction Products, they achieved success rapidly and effectively by following some key tips.
Join Jason Goodwill, Solutions Architect at Saint-Gobain Building Distribution Sector, UK, with Andrew Davey, Solutions Consultant, MuleSoft as they share how they began optimizing their data integration strategy and accelerated the abstraction of data from key systems in a matter of minutes, instead of weeks.
Attendees will learn:
- How Saint-Gobain quickly transformed its IT operations to relieve operations and drive greater agility by modernizing core processes
- How Saint-Gobain is spearheading digital transformation by building autonomous skills in-house to enable the wider DevOps integration strategy
- Top tips and pitfalls to look out for when approaching your integration strategy
Matt Serna, Healthcare Marketing Manager, MuleSoft; Mohammad Fasihi, Healthcare Strategy Tech Advisory, PwC
The promise of the cloud computing in healthcare is clear; delivering on that promise, less so. Security and HIPAA compliance challenges, combined with the technical difficulty of configuring on-premise EHR systems to co-exist with modern cloud integration platforms, have delayed cloud adoption in the industry.
This webinar will share how Anypoint Platform’s unique combination of data integration and API lifecycle management can help power the rapid, secure adoption of Salesforce and other modern healthcare cloud applications. It will also showcase how PwC has leveraged the MuleSoft platform to develop innovative solutions for its healthcare clients, and feature a demo of PwC's Smart Agent.
Attendees will learn:
- Common pitfalls healthcare organizations face in migrating to the cloud, and how they can be addressed with a hybrid integration model
- How APIs can be used to increase the security and governance of health data
- How PwC leverages MuleSoft’s platform to drive business outcomes in healthcare
As agile upstarts continue to displace established incumbent companies, the imperative to adopt (and adapt to) modern technologies and platforms - cloud, big data, IoT, mobile - has never been greater.
All too often, legacy systems, which form the backbone of many enterprises, can stand in the way of the implementation and adoption of these technologies. As the number of digital transformation initiatives and the speed with which they must be delivered intensifies, IT leaders are being overwhelmed by the sheer number of requests for data feeds from legacy systems. Moreover, existing legacy interfaces, developed in a world of daily, batch calls, are not fit for purpose for today's digital channels requiring real-time data causing additional pain.
Join Matt Serna, Manager Industry Marketing, Mike O'Meara, VP of Infoview Systems, and Dmitriy Kuznetsov, VP of Integration and Cloud Services, Infoview Systems for an in depth look at a specific customer use-case.
Listeners will learn:
- Best practices for leveraging Anypoint Platform as part of a broader legacy modernization initiative
- How to enable AS/400 and other legacy systems to consume external APIs [DEMO]
- How to leverage Anypoint Platform and the MuleSoft-Certified AS/400 connector to expose AS/400 data and services via APIs [DEMO]
Matt Serna, Manager, Industry Marketing; Jonathan Ben-Hamou, Enterprise Systems Architect, ICOE Group
As healthcare organizations seek to unlock Electronic Health Record (EHR) data and develop modern clinical applications, health APIs can be used to simultaneously increase IT agility and improve data security.
Furthermore, APIs (Application Program Interface) and API management serve as a core enabler for development on the SMART on FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) platform, which promises to improve clinical care, research, and public health by supporting application interoperability.
Join MuleSoft and ICOE Group for a discussion on how APIs can serve as a key enabler for EHR connectivity initiatives, and a live demo showcasing how MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform can be used to develop a SMART on FHIR clinical application.
Attendees will learn:
- What impact upcoming legislative changes may have on health IT, and how APIs can insulate healthcare organizations from potential disruption.
- How to build and manage APIs in a way that improves health data security and increases IT agility.
- How MuleSoft's Anypoint Platform enables the development and adoption of SMART on FHIR clinical applications.
Kiku Mlosch, Global E-Commerce Project Manager; Gustav Rosen, Integration Architect; Albin Kjellin, API Specialist
Retail stands as one of the most digitally disrupted industries to date with over 60% of purchases now said to be influenced by digital interactions, according to Deloitte. Against this backdrop, global retailer GANT is trailblazing a strategy which enables digital transformation to be the catalyst for innovation within the GANT ecosystem.
Hear direct from Kiku Mlosch, Global E-Commerce Project Manager at GANT, and supporting partner Gustav Rosen, Integration Architect at Entiros, as they reveal their journey and approach to making omnichannel “a piece of cake”.
Attendees will learn:
- How GANT approached omnichannel and is capitalizing on consumer demand for digital products
- Real-life lessons from an IT strategy that is taking a business from stabilization to innovation to excellence
- Practical steps to creating a center for enablement in technology and embracing a new IT operating model that empowers the wider organization
Sarvesh Jagannivas, VP Product & Industry Marketing, MuleSoft
Chief architects and CIOs know that API-led connectivity drives business and IT agility. MuleSoft surveyed tech leaders among its customers and discovered not only the value of IT agility, but dramatic, measurable business outcomes for organizations that adopted an integration approach. This webinar will provide a practical approach to understanding the value of API-led connectivity within your company, with research results and actionable take-aways from leading IT organizations in the industry.
Mike Hamilton, Director of IT, MuleSoft; Ahyoung An, Product Marketing Manager, MuleSoft
For fast-growing companies, it is difficult to build an IT infrastructure that meets the needs of today and the future. Faced with the same challenge of rapid growth at MuleSoft, we have deployed MuleSoft to decouple core systems and enable the automation of core business processes. Join this webinar to discuss the ever-increasing demands of enterprise hybrid integration platforms, application integration, API connectivity, testing and deployment.
Tony Cassin-Scott, Insurance Data, Digital and IT Strategist & Jerome Bugnet, Insurance API Specialist, MuleSoft
The Insurance industry is risk averse by its very nature. However, with a 10x increase in Insurance technology investment between 2010-2015, is the industry about to push through its own digital revolution?
Join Tony Cassin-Scott, Insurance Data, Digital and IT Strategist, and Jerome Bugnet, Insurance API Specialist, MuleSoft, on December 14 at 10am (GMT) for a live webinar as they discuss how the world’s most progressive insurers are embracing digital transformation and APIs (Application Program Interface) to build and deploy industry-specific software applications, and how this compares against their peers in other industries.
Mohammed Ahteshamuddin, Vice President IT, flydubai & Paul Crerand, Director Solution Consulting, MuleSoft
IATA estimates that by 2034 there will be 7.3 billion air passengers globally, which is twice more than what we have today. Alongside economic forces and passenger demands, pressure on the aviation and travel industry remains as intense as ever.
Since launching in 2009, flydubai has strived to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures. With 90 destinations in 44 countries, flydubai has embarked on a digital transformation journey to help enhance business agility, flexibility and the customer experience. Connecting and integrating your SaaS platforms, APIs and application networks is critical in today's digital world, regardless of industry.
Join Mohammed Ahteshamuddin, Vice President IT – Customer Experience & Passenger Services System, flydubai, and Paul Crerand, Director Solution Consulting, MuleSoft, on Thursday, December 8 at 10am (GMT) for a live webinar as they share their story and best practices.
With Anypoint Runtime Manager 2.0, MuleSoft customers can monitor, troubleshoot, analyze and manage applications and APIs deployed in the cloud or on-premises, in a sandbox, staging or production environment from a single pane of glass.
In this demo-driven webinar, Suchi Deshpande, Sr. Product Manager, MuleSoft will show how Anypoint Runtime Manager provides a unified view of applications, servers, and APIs, no matter where they are running - increasing visibility into complex hybrid landscapes and reducing mean time to resolution when issues occur.
Attendees will learn:
- Deploy Mule applications to the cloud for rapid testing and iteration, then move on-premises as business requirements demand
- Proactively monitor and maintain quality, availability and performance of critical network resources with Alerts and Insights
- Leverage runtime APIs to extend Anypoint Runtime Manager into your existing DevOps practice for continuous deployment
- Migrate investments from MMC with preconfigured scripts
Treating APIs like products is emerging as an API strategy best practice. Like products, then, APIs should be designed with a specific purpose and be delivered within a software development lifecycle (SDLC) framework. MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform is built to address full API lifecycle, including the design, implementation, security and governance of APIs. In fact, Gartner recently named MuleSoft a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Application Service Governance (eventually replace with Full Lifecycle API Management). In this webinar, Aaron Landgraf will walk through the full lifecycle capabilities of Anypoint Platform in the context of a case study of an organization that wanted to productize and reuse their APIs.
Paul Rohan, author of "PSD2 in Plain English" & Danny Healy, Banking API Specialist, MuleSoft
Open Banking is set to disrupt the financial services value chain. Across the world, this disruption can already be seen with a number of innovative initiatives emerging and with pressure from regulation, such as PSD2 in Europe, beginning to impact institutes.
With the foundations starting to build, what are the common approaches to Open Banking and how can you avoid the pitfalls?
Hear from MuleSoft Banking API specialist Danny Healy and industry veteran Paul Rohan, author of "PSD2 in Plain English", for a unique business and technical insight from the leaders in API-led connectivity.
Will you simply survive? Or change to thrive, in an Open Banking world?
Digital transformation is allowing higher education institutions to bridge the widening gap between increased student expectations and decreasing funding. Technology augments the teaching experience. It drives insight from student behaviors to provide a more personalized learning experience and enables deeper student engagement. Yet the demands these initiatives place on IT often mean institutions are not able to deliver on this vision.
Best practices & thought leadership on integration from MuleSoft
MuleSoft makes it easy to connect the world's applications, data and devices. With our market-leading Anypoint Platform™, companies are building application networks to fundamentally change the pace of innovation. MuleSoft’s API-led approach to connectivity gives companies new ways to reach their customers, employees and partners. Organizations in more than 60 countries, from emerging companies to Global 500 corporations, use MuleSoft to transform their businesses.