Greg Schulz, Founder/Sr. Advisory Analyst, Server StorageIO
You have been told, or determined that you need (or want) to use cloud storage, ok, now what? What type of cloud storage do you need or want, or do you simply want cloud storage? However, what are your options as well as application requirements including Performance, Availability, Capacity and Economics (PACE) along with access or interfaces? Where are your applications and where will they be located? What are your objectives for using cloud storage or is it simply you have heard or told its cheaper. Join us in this discussion exploring your options, considerations for cloud storage decision making.
- Data Infrastructures exist to support applications and their underlying resource needs
- Various cloud storage options to meet different application PACE needs
- Storage for primary, secondary, performance, availability, capacity, backup, archiving
- Public, private and hybrid cloud storage options from block, file, object to application service
- When, where, why and how to use cloud storage for different scenarios