The first six months of the year have seen a startling rise in equity markets in spite of the lack of any real improvement in the wider economic environment. But the gains have been focused on certain sectors and geographic regions, while areas such as commodities have significantly lagged. In this panel we ask the following questions of the markets:
• Is there still value in equity markets and if so, where?
• What will be the key pinch points for the markets in the second half?
• Which trusts are best equipped to generate strong returns in that environment?
Moderator: Szymon Idzikowski, Morningstar will be joined by:
- Peter Walls, Unicorn Asset Management
- Phil Doel, F&C Investments
- Bruce Stout, Aberdeen Asset Management
RecordedJun 12 201343 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Omar Negyal, manager of JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income Trust talks to the AIC about his income strategy for emerging markets, where he’s finding investment opportunities, why investors should consider emerging markets and his outlook for the sector.
Graeme Gunn, Partner at SL Capital Partners, managers of Standard Life European Private Equity Trust (SLEPET) explains the fund of fund structure, where they are finding opportunities and why investors should consider private equity.